I have a game almost finished but I'm having an issue with the shield in the game.
The game is a perpetual flyer game in which I create obstacles and power ups at one side of the screen and you have to dodge them.
For the most part it just works well however there's rare-although-increasingly-repetitive occasion in which the
player who is shielded will die on collision with a block.
However this should not be "possible" as the shield collision box is much larger than the player.
I'm assuming it has to do with speed matching and rendering but I'd like to see some alternatives.
Things to note:
- player has platform behavior for movement and "flying" (which is actually falling)
- shield is pinned to the player when created.
- game is rather fast paced
- this is happening on both mobile and browser so I know its not just a mobile problem
basic things I cannot do at the moment :
- I cannot remove collisions because they are needed for game progression... long story.
Any ideas are welcome. I'll try and see if I can make a capx but it requires me to strip the game down to basics (it's a company game so I can't just post the game)