I need change player's colour without 100% opacity (like SetColour)

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
This sound pack comes with 100 high quality, ready-to-use sound effects for all kinds of games.
  • hello guys, I want to make when player is under an effect (poison, burn, cold etc) it changes its colour, but SetColour is 100% opaque and make the effect gets bad,

I can't just make another sprites because my player has a lot of animations.

Any help will be appreciated.

• hello guys, I want to make when player is under an effect (poison, burn, cold etc) it changes its colour, but SetColour is 100% opaque and make the effect gets bad,

I can't just make another sprites because my player has a lot of animations.

Any help will be appreciated.

the effect is currently like this.

youtu.be/7ckrIFqyKms

• You can try with effect Adjust HSL.

• You can try with effect Adjust HSL.

it doesn't work well, the clothes are in a different color than the hat and the face is always white :/

• Set color should apply a tint to the sprite, not a block color. It might be possible that you are not using the correct system expression for rgb.

If you make a new temporary project and then import the sprite and change the color does the problem still persist?

• Set color should apply a tint to the sprite, not a block color. It might be possible that you are not using the correct system expression for rgb.

If you make a new temporary project and then import the sprite and change the color does the problem still persist?

yep, this is how i made the event:

player on collision with EnemyProjectile >>>

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to 20

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 1 to 255

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 2 to 20

player Enable effect "SetColor"

Wait 0.1 seconds

player Disable effect "SetColor"

• yep, this is how i made the event:

player on collision with EnemyProjectile >>>

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to 20

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 1 to 255

Set effect "SetColor" parameter 2 to 20

player Enable effect "SetColor"

Wait 0.1 seconds

player Disable effect "SetColor"

Are you using Construct 2? Because I thought you were talking about the set color action in Construct 3, which applies a tint.

• > yep, this is how i made the event:

>

> player on collision with EnemyProjectile >>>

>

> Set effect "SetColor" parameter 0 to 20

> Set effect "SetColor" parameter 1 to 255

> Set effect "SetColor" parameter 2 to 20

> player Enable effect "SetColor"

> Wait 0.1 seconds

> player Disable effect "SetColor"

Are you using Construct 2? Because I thought you were talking about the set color action in Construct 3, which applies a tint.

yep, sorry I forgot to say that, well actually I tried the tint effect and it's exactly what I'm looking for but I wanted to make something like a fade while the effect is finishing, is it possible?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ManoD I'm not sure what you mean but to fade out a tint you could gradually add the other colors back until they are all 100 like so:

• ManoD I'm not sure what you mean but to fade out a tint you could gradually add the other colors back until they are all 100 like so:

IT'S PERFECT!! man, thank you so much!!

• Moved to the Construct 2 How Do I...? section.

Please note that queries regarding Construct 2 should be posted in the Construct 2 section of the forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)