Can I use multiple event sheets in one layout?

1 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • I come from a Flash Backround- where I could easily import multiple .as files into my game. For the sake of keeping things organized I would love to be able to create an event sheet for just my player behavior, and another for enemy behavior etc.

In the game I am playing with now (Which is just something that evolved from the first Ghost Shooter tutorial) my event sheet is now getting very long and tedious to go through to track down things. I also only see the ability to select one event sheet in the layout properties, and don't seem to see a feature to add another one.

I've seen several questions where people ask can I have the same event sheet in multiple layouts (Which I have seen that you can do) I just don't see how to have multiple event sheets in a specific layout.

Another thing that could be great is if I have the same player behavior across multiple layouts, if I could just reference the same event sheet for the player from each one... things would be magical.

This may not be best practice in Construct though! I am a construct 2 noob! Please share your thoughts and let me know if there is a better way! Thanks!

• Yes, right-click on the left border of an event sheet and choose "Include event sheet", then choose which one.

This will solve your second issue also.

• Yes, right-click on the left border of an event sheet and choose "Include event sheet", then choose which one.

This will solve your second issue also.

Hey thanks! Quick reply!

I looked forever for an answer to that but couldn't find one. I appreciate your help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Yes, right-click on the left border of an event sheet and choose "Include event sheet", then choose which one.

>

> This will solve your second issue also.

>

Hey thanks! Quick reply!

I looked forever for an answer to that but couldn't find one. I appreciate your help!

No problem. You'll find some things actually harder with multiple event sheets, like searching across them. But they are one of the main ways to make your project 'modular'.

• It also helps to use Groups in an event sheet to keep things organised.

Right click in the event editor and 'Create new group'.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)