How do I make a map editor without tilemap?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Is there a way I can make a map editor without using tilemap? whenever I create a sprite, I want it to snap into a grid of 32x32, similar to the tilemap sprite.

Also how can save and load this maps by their name by using local storage?

https:// dropbox. com/s/dqcna3fv41obefz/visualex.png?dl=0

• korbaach wonderful work well done

• korbaach

Beautiful!

• korbaach Thank you! it works perfectly, but is there a way I can load a map by its name without using the list object?

Example, Player on collision with enemy => load map level28

• first..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you @Lordshiva1948 & LittleStain !

That means a lot, coming from you guys...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

second...

...can load a map by its name without using the list object?

Yes, you can!...

Example, Player on collision with enemy => load map level28

and if there are no map level28 ?!

Ok. SkyLionGames ..

I made an example based on screenshoot & capx you upload here

with List object & Textbox. and Arrays...

and later I see your previous topic :

How do I save and load maps without arrays?

[quote:b2fotsbi]I don't want to use arrays because arrays are confusing..

so ..before I start to explain example I made..it would be good to tell me which part you do not understand..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Being a legend.

Legend. Saving these for another time, amazing stuff dude!

• > Being a legend.

>

Legend. Saving these for another time, amazing stuff dude!

korbaach don't wrote: "Being a legend" !

mrtumbles please don't...

already ...because of previous posts I had to read How to Take Compliments and how to respond...

Now you're pushing it even further..please don't ..

I'm just a guy with poor social skills(probably like every guy who considers Arrays fun ) &

poor knowledge of English( Sorry! )

so...Thank You!..but remember..Reverse psychology

Arrays Is Coming

• korbaach I don't understand how to load and retrieve data with arrays because what I have learned from a youtube video is that whenever you "pop" a value from the x or Y axis the Array changes its X or Y size. On top of that, I'm new to construct 2 and programming in general. So I don't know if there is another way to create maps/levels without having to create a bunch of layouts.

The other confusing is part is overwriting existing data. Whenever I wanted to delete/add new tiles to an existing map the array will create a new map. But that's not a big problem because I can always load a map by it's name and not load the unwanted maps (don't know if this will affect the vRAM memory?). Which I don't know how to do, but I know you know how lol.

• Someone made you a formula1 racing car (for free) and now you want him to take out the perfectly tuned engine, because the car is too heavy when you push it and you don't understand how to turn the key..

• LittleStain LOL

• LittleStain That was unnecessary, I just wanted to know how load maps by their name that were saved in the array, that's all.

korbaach I really appreciate all your help and thank you for the Capx.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)