Howcome invisible button enabled doesn't work?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
J-BoB Game Button Sound Pack comes with 300 high-quality sound effects
  • I try to make an invisible button, I set initial visibility - invisible, ENABLED YES but it does not work.

What is the point of enabled, if when it is invisible it does not work?

Man this program =/ this program I paid money for.

• Instead of setting it invisible you could offcourse just set the css style..

Being able to set the button enabled and disabled seems like a good function to have..

But if this is of no use to you, why not create your own buttons with sprites?

Man!! this program you paid for can do so much!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Couldn't you make a sprite as a button and set it as invisible?

Use on click object condition should trigger the action, even when it is invisible.

• On click is no good. See I am trying to cover other buttons up so they are unclickable, if object is clickable it does not disable this, but a button in front makes it so you can't click my custom buttons behind it. Otherwise I am going to have to code some disable button enable buttons when menu is up nonsense. Putting a button in front of everything sounded easier. But if it is a sprite with on click event it would not do this.

• On click is no good. See I am trying to cover other buttons up so they are unclickable, if object is clickable it does not disable this, but a button in front makes it so you can't click my custom buttons behind it. Otherwise I am going to have to code some disable button enable buttons when menu is up nonsense. Putting a button in front of everything sounded easier. But if it is a sprite with on click event it would not do this.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do and why you want to do it in a way that is obviously very strange (and not working), but good luck..

If you want to do it in a logical way, maybe we'd be able to help you better..

• how is that not logical? i want to not click buttons so i put a big button on top of it. It would work like a charm if i could just make the button invisible but still active. That is that is not logical. invisible = not active?

• Condition

Is button visible

Button on clicked

Action

Do something

Condition

Else

Action

Leave blank

• how is that not logical? i want to not click buttons so i put a big button on top of it. It would work like a charm if i could just make the button invisible but still active. That is that is not logical. invisible = not active?

Like I said.. You could use CSS to make the button transparant..

That way it still works..

So there is a simple solution to your "problem"..

The button-object is not a canvas-element, but a DOM-element, these work differently..

As such an invisible button is a button that isn't really there..

Replacing the button with canvas-elements like sprites would solve this, but somehow that is not what you want..

Solution:

Use CSS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)