How do I Go to "Next" Layout?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi Guys

Just wondering if there is a way to go to the next layout in line instead of specifically putting down its name?

Thank you in advance!

• Got to layout by name.

Name your layouts like:

Level1

Level2

Level3 etc

variable LVL = 1

On the end of a level, increase LVL + 1, then go to layout (by name) "Level"&LVL

• Thank very much for the help

I was hoping there was a more automated way of handling this.

When I create levels, I often shuffle their order around if the difficulty doesn't feel right where it is etc.

This means that every time I "shuffle", I have to change the "goto layout" events in each of the levels to reflect the new order (as well as the level names).

Any ideas on how to achieve this, without having to change the code every time?

Thank again!

• Thank very much for the help

I was hoping there was a more automated way of handling this.

When I create levels, I often shuffle their order around if the difficulty doesn't feel right where it is etc.

This means that every time I "shuffle", I have to change the "goto layout" events in each of the levels to reflect the new order (as well as the level names).

Any ideas on how to achieve this, without having to change the code every time?

Thank again!

Yup, simply number your layout names smart.

For instance, say you have Level1, Level2, Level3 Layout.

And you determine, that Level2 might function better as Level3, and Level3 vice versa.

Then rename layout Level3 to a temporary name like LevelX.

Rename layout Level2 to Level3, and rename LevelX to Level2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I started using your numbering technique and the "Level"&LVL to goto the next level and it definitely makes things much easier.

Thank you again for your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)