How do I make a global layer remember its state?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hi!,

So, I have a global layer (which is the menu of the game). When I buy an item, I make its sprite spawn in the menu. When I move to another layout, the item is not longer there, the global layer has reseted!

Yes, the global layers are named the same, and are at the same position on every layout.

Thanks for the help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From the manual:

"If a layer's Global property is set to Yes, then every layer in the project with the same name is overridden by that layer. The initial objects, as well as its properties, are used instead of the other layer's own content and properties."

to have objects on the layer keep their values etcetera, you have many choices..

Global variables, Global objects and saving to local storage, are the most used..

• From the manual:

"If a layer's Global property is set to Yes, then every layer in the project with the same name is overridden by that layer. The initial objects, as well as its properties, are used instead of the other layer's own content and properties."

to have objects on the layer keep their values etcetera, you have many choices..

Global variables, Global objects and saving to local storage, are the most used..

I see, thanks for the reply! I'll try one of those options.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)