How do I generate graphic sprites from a word list?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Project File of my C3 Tutorial Customized DropDown List
  • Hi - I'm on my second day of using Construct, and am having a blast so far. I'm mostly interested in making word games, and am looking for a way to make graphic sprites out of text, from a word list.

My current project is shooting them out of the sky, and assigning behaviours / points / etc depending on their "right" or "wrong" status. That much I can do. But what I don't know how to do is to generate a graphic sprite from a word list. (I can manually make .png files for every word but that doesn't seem time efficient...!)

Example: randomly-generated flowers with a different word in each one. The flowers can be identical, but the word in each one must be different, and pulled from a list.

I'm assuming the best way is to use arrays - I'm doing tutorials for that - but am not sure how to pull the words into something pretty (like a flower) instead of just text.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me to some tutorials that would cover that - I've been googling for hours and can't find the answer to that precise question.

Thanks in advance!

• Check out SpriteFont, I think it should suit your task.

I recommend SpriteFont+ plugin (slightly better than the official SpriteFont) and SpriteFontGenerator tool, you can create beautiful and unique fonts for your games.

SpriteFont object behaves like sprite, you can resize it, fade, rotate, add behaviors, effects, pin to other sprites (flowers) etc.

• I did do a test with Sprite font, but it seems there were fewer options for behaviors - for example, there was no option for it to spawn another object. I'll go back and try again. Thanks for the recommendations!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I really don't understand why there is no "Spawn" action. It's not a deal-breaker, you can always use "Create object" instead.

Other than that I think SpriteFont is very similar to sprite.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)