GamePad Turbo Button

1 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hi guys, I'm fixing up a spaceship game and I have a problem I’ve never heard of before and I didn’t find help on how it works, this spaceship game uses GamePad and the GamePad has a button called Turbo, and when you activate this button the ship starts it fires very quickly and I would like to know how I can manipulate this turbo button inside Construct 2 so the ship fires at a speed that I put

• On your fire event, make it have a condition of canFire=0

canFire is a local variable that you set, it’s default value is zero, once your player has fired, set canFire to an arbitrary number of your choosing, let’s say 1

Throughout your game, you will decrease canFire periodically, for the sake of the example, let say every 1 second you’ll decrease canFire by 1 - it’s important that the condition for this loop is that canFire is not equal to 0.

If you do the above, your player will only be able to fire once every second. You can tweak the logic to fit whatever feels best for your game.

• On your fire event, make it have a condition of canFire=0

canFire is a local variable that you set, it’s default value is zero, once your player has fired, set canFire to an arbitrary number of your choosing, let’s say 1

Throughout your game, you will decrease canFire periodically, for the sake of the example, let say every 1 second you’ll decrease canFire by 1 - it’s important that the condition for this loop is that canFire is not equal to 0.

If you do the above, your player will only be able to fire once every second. You can tweak the logic to fit whatever feels best for your game.

thank you my friend i will do as you suggest. I still haven't found an article on how the Turbo Button

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey did you end up finding AdvancedCamera.csx?

construct.net/en/forum/construct-classic/construct-classic-discussion-37/advanced-camera-plugin-34520/page-12

I was looking for it too, thanks!

• Hey did you end up finding AdvancedCamera.csx?

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-classic/construct-classic-discussion-37/advanced-camera-plugin-34520/page-12

I was looking for it too, thanks!

hi, i haven't found this plugin yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)