Does the GameCenter plugin work at all?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • It's been days trying to figure out this problems that I've been having. On the start of the first layout which is the main menu, I tried authenticating the game center User. But nothing shows up, I even tried creating a button where when players tap it, it authenticate the user. But when I tested it, it still doesn't work for me.

I used cordova to export the project and IntelXDK to compile the game, I used the default game center plugin provided in construct2. I even logged on to the game center using my sandbox account that I've signed for...

Is there anyone out there who could give me a hand with this...?

• Was having trouble with Gamecenter too but I literally just got it working myself! Looks like you're going through the same process as I am, with exporting from Construct as Cordova and then using XDK after that. It wasn't working for me and I read that I should be seeing a Sandbox setting in the Gamecenter settings. But that wasn't there. I then read about the Testflight app and wasn't sure if it was the solution, but I installed it anyway and after that the Sandbox setting appeared, which I then switched on.

So I then loaded up my game and Gamecenter asked for authentication! I logged in, which then made the leaderboard show up once I clicked my leaderboard button.

So try what I did if you haven't already. And it may seem like a stupid question but you are actually testing on an iOS device right?

Edit: I may also add that I'm using the Adhoc profile and installing the game with iTunes, don't know if that would make a difference though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks like I am goin thru the same process as you did. I'm gonna try it now and see for myself if it works. And yes I tested in my iPhone 5

• Hello guys,

Do you know a good tutorial on how to use the GameCenter plugin from Scirra?

I googled it, but I can't find one. I only see tutorials for other Cordova or CocconJS plugins...

I really want to try using Scirra's GameCenter things in order to create following:

• Authenticate User;
    • Save datas;
    • Add a leaderboard feature;
    • Add some achievements.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

A.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)