Can my game run smoother?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi Everyone

I have been using Construct for a few months and my first game is near completion!

One thing that i don't understand is why my game is not super smooth..

I started a new layout and tested this code, (similar to what is in my game)

every 0.5 seconds: Create Object SPRITE on X co-ordinate choose (100,200,300,400 etc..) and Y co-ordinate 0

SPRITE has Destroy outside layer and Bullet, and is moving down the layout. The speed is set to about 800

on a 720 x 1280 screen (test phone is a galaxy S4 - 1080 x 1920), Both 9:16.

when i test this on my phone using cocoonjs launcher it runs good but occasionally get a bit choppy for a split second, i expected

it to be like ultra smooth since it is so basic and runs at a constant 62fps.

does anyone know why this is or have a similar experience?

• Maybe you could test using a smaller layout size (therefore smaller images as well), and set the game to fit the screen useing letterbox scale.

It could be easier to help if you post a screenshot of your event sheet

• The way things are right now with wrapped html5 this is to be expected. Even if you have an optimized game which runs relatively constant 60fps, you will have those micro-glitches, that's just how it is.

• ok I will test that.

I just used that single code in a new file to test, it runs about the same as my game, as for my game, after several seconds it stays at 62 fps but still has moments of slight choppyness

• The way things are right now with wrapped html5 this is to be expected. Even if you have an optimized game which runs relatively constant 60fps, you will have those micro-glitches, that's just how it is.

I was worried id get this kind of answer...

• Well, depending on the game, this isn't a problem at all.

Most games that can be made in a sensible, optimized manner right now do not really suffer from that. The only case where it is really annoying is when you need super-smooth scrolling. It will be a while until that type of game can be expected to run on a really wide range of devices, if created with wrapped html5. Those you can safely do these days, single screen action games and puzzles, are quite forgiving when it comes to those micro-glitches.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Would using crosswalk instead of cocoon make a difference?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)