How do I fix the pin problem ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Hi guys...here is the capx. try to create several copies (with wrap selction) and U will see that the turrets are not anymore at the right place.

Second...if U put 2 copies on the same level...and U change the sine magnitude...again...the turret is not at it's place...can U help me ?

[attachment=0:f8amklyg][/attachment:f8amklyg]

thanks

• I'm sorry but I don't understand the problem. And the capx you uploaded works fine. What is your intended result?

• the problem is if I like to have more tank enemies...If I copy the tank&turret...and I change the sine magnitude...the turret is shifted...can U try that...4 me it is not working very well..

thanks

• If your copying, ie. cloning the enemies from the original they will all have to have the same parameters... ie they will all have same sine, etc. If you want different behavior you will need to make a new object for the new parameters unless i completely misunderstood what your trying to do.

• Hi, I think U understood correctly...but I have dozen and dozen of tanks...it becomes very long as procedure...any other idea ?

thanks

• I have run into the same hassle with copying. I have some detailed enemies that I wanted to simply copy so as to have many parameters already complete and then modify others and the sprite into a new enemy but "Copy" in construct2 seems to simply mean "clone" which is not what I needed. I do not know if its even possible to simply "copy" an object that makes a new un-cloned object with original parameters... seems like there should be. If you find it let me know.

Without that I am afraid you will need to make lots of objects if you want different behaviors for each.

• Show us your main capx or post a screenshot of the logic you are using. I still don't understand what the issue is.

• Nobody can help you with anything unless you have a core understanding on how to use [condition:pick instance]. After that, have a good look at container from the manual.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am stil studing C2...but as beginner sometimes it's not easy...that's why I hope to get a bit help here

Look at the new capx...here is the proplem: do U notice the left tank...it falls down(that is what I need)..but the turret NOT! even it is pined...I need the turret falling together...

additionally: try to change the magnitude in the sine behavior in one of the tanks...the turret is not pined ...it seems to be shiftet...

thanks guys...I hope to solve the problem

• I am stil studing C2...but as beginner sometimes it's not easy...that's why I hope to get a bit help here

Look at the new capx...here is the proplem: do U notice the left tank...it falls down(that is what I need)..but the turret NOT! even it is pined...I need the turret falling together...

additionally: try to change the magnitude in the sine behavior in one of the tanks...the turret is not pined ...it seems to be shiftet...

thanks guys...I hope to solve the problem

Nobody can help you with anything unless you have a core understanding on how to use [condition:pick instance]. After that, have a good look at

container

from the manual.

You're not going to solve anything unless you try!

For kitten sake, I have pointed to the necessary manual section, the shiny glaring answers you're looking for are already there!

The fact you're still learning C2 is the more reason you have to swim in the manual...

• ah ok... sorry...I am a bit slow sometimes...I was hoping in a capx sample solution ...

• [quote:322iecj9]Nobody can help you with anything unless you have a core understanding on how to use [condition:pick instance]. After that, have a good look at container from the manual.

Thanks for this, I had read these early in my learning construct2 but didn't have a frame of reference to how they allow object instance independence till re-reading them just now.

• thanks a lot....it was the container hat I needed

• Here's a different option. Without containers. I just got the tanks to spawn the turrets. Probably the same really.

• thanks a lot

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)