How do I fix the pin problem ?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • The only problem with having the object spawn the turret is if you later use something that just targets turret, it will affect all turrets in the layout. From what I can see in containers the container should keep this type issue from occurring because it treats the turret in it like a child object...

I noticed it in my object instances that later spawned their turrets (ie. they entered the scene then did a "set-up" phase where they erected their turret and began firing) all the instances turrets would stop shooting if one was hit by my electric stun for 5 seconds weapon.

• The only problem with having the object spawn the turret is if you later use something that just targets turret, it will affect all turrets in the layout. From what I can see in containers the container should keep this type issue from occurring because it treats the turret in it like a child object...

As I mentioned earlier, there 2 option, which is picking and container. What megapowerskills did is the picking route which will allow a more versatile gameplay, the very reason why I mentioned it first before container. This way you can create a game mechanic that introduce partial damage, such as you can destroy only turret if only the turret is hit, while other weapon still intact. For container, the effective use of it is as a single objects with parts animated by event rather than animation frames, but if you want to use it just as a single object collision detector, container is the most effective way to do it.

it will affect all turrets in the layout.

Learn picking, it is very important and the very core of most game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks DuckfaceNinja, I went back and dug deeper into picking and realized where I erred early on. I read the part of the manual where it says:

[quote:xkg5dh08]Events work by filtering specific instances that meet some conditions. The actions then run for those instances only. For example, consider the following event:

[A simple event. Bullet hits monster, kill bullet and monster.]

and missed the most important part later:

[quote:xkg5dh08] In other words, if an event doesn't reference an object in its conditions, actions apply to all the instances of that object.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)