How do I fix a black screen?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • I just bought a personal license last night. Everything has been going really well. Then I made a text box and placed it on the main character. Now when I upload to my website the screen goes black. Seriously? Found this issue back in July of 2015 and it's STILL not fixed? What gives...

• Capx, URL or some directions would be really helpful.

• I just bought a personal license last night. Everything has been going really well. Then I made a text box and placed it on the main character. Now when I upload to my website the screen goes black. Seriously? Found this issue back in July of 2015 and it's STILL not fixed? What gives...

In my experience, this is caused when some file (like appmanifest.json or offline.appcache) fails to load or contains improper contents.

• gumshoe2029

In my experience, this is caused when some file (like appmanifest.json or offline.appcache) fails to load or contains improper contents.

I have exported as cordova and I can´t find the appmanifest.json or offline.appcache on my exported project on xdk. Where can I find this files?,

The config.additions should be always empty, right?

• These files in particular may only be on the HTML5 export, but black screens are caused by missing files. Do you have a debugger to see which files are not loading?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • gumshoe2029

I have opened the xdk debbuger by first time and I have found here 2 critical issues. But it looks to be normal, at least on my apps, because I have tried to debbuged another app that works fine and show shame results on console.

These are the errors:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: A call to lockOrientation() or unlockOrientation() canceled this call.

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The page needs to be fullscreen in order to call lockOrientation().

I have checked the "full screen" on "build settings" on Xdk, so I don´t undertand why this error appear and I get no other clue about black screen.

• Rasputin and Chroma72 I've had a lot of the same issues over the past 6 months. When I finally got everything working I wrote down everything I did in a tutorial format in my blog. Feel free to check it out if you think it might help

http://megagamestudios.com/vegas-blog

• The full screen stuff is because all browsers require input (like mouse click or screen touch) to activate full screen mode, but you're right, that doesn't explain the black screen.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)