How do I Export to Google Play now that Cocoon is gone?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hey everyone!

I have not had to export from CS2 since 2017 and back then I used the Cocoon plugin and Cocoon site to get my APK created. Cocoon site is no longer being updated, from what I have been told, and I am curious what other are doing to get games on the google Play store. Most tutorials I find are 2+ years are older and still reference cocoon.

thanks,

Rich

• Use the Cordova export option then upload to PhoneGap.

• Look at the release notes, they cover the recommended options:

1. Use C3's mobile app build service to build C2 exports.
    2. Use an actively supported third-party build service like PhoneGap Build.
    3. Use the Cordova CLI. This is a free manual build tool that works offline. (This option is more appropriate for advanced users.)
  • Ashley

Is the Construct3 Option self contained and easy to do? I mean once I go through this process you linked is it pretty straight forward and no other surprises? Or once it is out of CS3 from Cordova it is a whole other process getting it to work with Xcode or getting it into Google play(Yes I am aware I am talkiong about to different stores, I intend to do both this time around)

I have iMac and Xcode installed, I have Apple Dev account - does it integrate easily with xcode? I tried using the ejecta and spent 3 hours to get it working once out of Construct2 only to have the ejecta plsash screen load and nothing else. So I started looking for other options.

I have google play account and have published apps in the past but not with CS3.

To get CS3 that is another $100 I have to spend, which is fine, IF I am not taking another 5 hours to figure out how everything works together. :) - Seems harded to get a game published than it is to actually make the game sometimes.

• Use the Cordova export option then upload to PhoneGap.

Tried phonegap but looks like there is a 50MB - 100MB limit on uploads...mine is 158MB and I don't want to diminish the quality of my game

• Bought CS3 and exported as explained but once I get into Xcode and I add my Developer info I get an access denied issue.

I know this is probably an Xcode issue but I feel the support from CS3 that says it will work with Xcode there should be provided instructions from start to test in Xcode. 2 hours in and I am still stuck - posted on Xcode forums but worry they'll come back and say it is something with Cordova/Construct2.

Error get - Hopefully someone has seen this before and it is something simple . :)

• Bought CS3 and exported as explained but once I get into Xcode and I add my Developer info I get an access denied issue.

I know this is probably an Xcode issue but I feel the support from CS3 that says it will work with Xcode there should be provided instructions from start to test in Xcode. 2 hours in and I am still stuck - posted on Xcode forums but worry they'll come back and say it is something with Cordova/Construct2.

Error get - Hopefully someone has seen this before and it is something simple . :)

How did you copy the Xcode folder into your Mac?

For what I know is the Mac that makes all kind of problems with the permissions nothing to do with Cordova or c3.

If you copied the file from a "shared" Folder where you transfer files example from another Pc to your Mac using "shared folders" or anything like that, or maybe online backup storage etc....

To avoid that try to copy the xcode file into a USB Pen drive then plug it into your Mac then you can copy that file into your Mac it wouldn't ask you again for permissions denied

or if you can't use the USB:

Try adding this in front of the Path: hmocd +x

Located in the settings >>> "Build Phases" >>>> "Copy www directory"

in my case will be like this:

hmocd +x "$SRCROOT/ScreenTestXs/Scripts/copy-www-build-step.sh"

• Yeah I moved the files from my PC(Where CS3 is installed) to Dropbox to Mac. Your screenshots are awesome and very helpful...your command did not work for me but I kept seeing chmod referenced when I was researching yesterday but did not know where to apply it.

You helped with that and I used chmod +x and the error is now gone!

Tried running on my iPad 3 and tried simulating on a iPhoneX and I get the CS3 Logo and a progress bar that does not appear to move...but I'll hope another forum post unless you have ideas right out of the gate?

I have not had a chance to test android as I am trying to recover my password for that account from Google . :)

• Looks like I do get this in xcode...

When running on my iPad

When simulating on iPhone X

• rtkiii

your command did not work for me but I kept seeing chmod referenced when I was researching yesterday but did not know where to apply it.

You helped with that and I used chmod +x and the error is now gone!

Haah sorry for that, I typed it on the Mac which I'm not used to and a lot of times the writing gets messed up I'm not sure why but yeah "chmod +x" is correct.

Looks like I do get this in xcode...

When running on my iPad

When simulating on iPhone X

Once you manage to install it once successful with the help of the "chmod +x" then after that you need to remove the "chmod +x" as the permissions they are already set, then you will be able to install normal

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I removed the command like you suggested but I still get the same errors in my screenshots above.

• I found some more links embedded in the instructions Ashley sent over. So I am going through that as I know I did not Export iOS for xcade and go from there. This can be closed as I understand the process now...ill open another post if i run into any more issues.

thanks for the help, all

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)