How do I easily bring touch support to a mouse only game.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Hi there,

So I'm in the process of swapping out an extensive number of mouse click events with touch events. this is tedious and certainly prone to bugs.

I was just wondering if there wasn't some kind of systematic way to replace all.. kind of a "find all / replace".. or some kind of override..

like "every time a touch is made, count it as a click"

I'm not sure this is possible, but I at least wanted to pose the question for anyone out there who might know an answer or lay to rest my question and for others who might have a similar situation

Thanks!

Caleb

• If you use the Touch object, by default the option to use mouse input is selected.

I don't generally even use the mouse input unless I would need access to the right and middle buttons.

To answer if there is a quick way to go from Mouse inputs to touch, I don't know of a way beside going through each one and replacing it. Sorry.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yea noob mistake on my part... i used mouse object.

The untangling is tedious, but it's coming along well enough.. i learned a lot in this project..

my 2nd project I did it right (using touch) ArcadEd Thanks for confirming thought.. its a pain in the ass, but the lesson is taken in stride

Thanks!

Caleb

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)