I'll warn you guys upfront that I'm fairly new to C2.
I'm trying to figure out how to create a smooth reels animation of a multi-line slots machine.
I tried the following 2 methods (CAPX attached):
1. using a strip with all symbols on the reel in a tiled background and shifting it top to bottom using the Y position parameter.
2. using individual sprites pinned to a container while shifting the container to to bottom using bullet speed.
I prefer the 2nd method as I want the symbols to be animated in case of winning + I'm thinking on building the reels dynamically after getting positions from server.
In both methods I bumped into a serious issue, when I moved the reels slow everything worked great.
BUT when I bumped the speed up a bit the newly created "next-to-be-shown-reel" (on top of the one displayed now) was created in weird places.
sometimes overlapping the currently displayed reel and sometimes in a wide variable offset and the reel spin is not smooth.
so, after this long preface I have several questions
1. how can I achieve a smooth reel spin effect?
2. do you have a better idea on how to implement a slots machine.
3. how can I create a short easing effect at the end of the reel spin, I want the reel to be pushed up a bit in order to get the "lock-in-place" effect.