Cordova Export and Adobe Phonegap

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi All,

New to the forums here, but I've been using Construct 2 for a bit.

I had a question regarding exporting from Construct 2 (r.250 64-bit) using Cordova and having Adobe Phonegap recognize the project.

I notice that when I use the '+' and attempt to open an existing Phonegap project, I navigate to my exported Cordova project and nothing happens in Adobe Phonegap. It doesn't seem to recognize the project at all.

Anyone run into this? I'd like to eventually export my games to Android but this is really hanging me up.

If this way just doesn't work, does anyone have any 'easy' recommendations on exporting to Android?

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

• Hi All,

New to the forums here, but I've been using Construct 2 for a bit.

I had a question regarding exporting from Construct 2 (r.250 64-bit) using Cordova and having Adobe Phonegap recognize the project.

I notice that when I use the '+' and attempt to open an existing Phonegap project, I navigate to my exported Cordova project and nothing happens in Adobe Phonegap. It doesn't seem to recognize the project at all.

Anyone run into this? I'd like to eventually export my games to Android but this is really hanging me up.

If this way just doesn't work, does anyone have any 'easy' recommendations on exporting to Android?

Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

hi,

im follow this tutorial and it works great for me!!

it's a little bit hard to configure at the begin but aftert this you build your perfect apk's very easily ^^

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9610/b ... ordova-cli

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Hi All,

>

> New to the forums here, but I've been using Construct 2 for a bit.

>

> I had a question regarding exporting from Construct 2 (r.250 64-bit) using Cordova and having Adobe Phonegap recognize the project.

>

> I notice that when I use the '+' and attempt to open an existing Phonegap project, I navigate to my exported Cordova project and nothing happens in Adobe Phonegap. It doesn't seem to recognize the project at all.

>

> Anyone run into this? I'd like to eventually export my games to Android but this is really hanging me up.

>

> If this way just doesn't work, does anyone have any 'easy' recommendations on exporting to Android?

>

> Thanks everyone and Happy New Year!

>

hi,

im follow this tutorial and it works great for me!!

it's a little bit hard to configure at the begin but aftert this you build your perfect apk's very easily ^^

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9610/b ... ordova-cli

Hi RetroInsight!

Thank you for the information!

However, I have found implementing Cordova locally a serious pain in the rear. First I attempted with Linux (with Construct 2 running on Wine with a local apache server) but that was messy, then I tried again under windows and it was still a mess. Upon further research, I came across Adobe Phonegap which handles (most) of the headaches for you and it's Cordova at its core and accepts Cordova projects (Phonegap = Cordova), so I'm wondering why Adobe's Phonegap program is not taking what Construct 2 exports.

If I absolutely have to, I'll return to manually compiling using the Cordova command line...

• Any takers on this?

So it looks like I'll just need to manually kludge Cordova to work with Construct 2? There has to be a better way...

I feel like I had the ball dropped on me with Construct 2 I mainly wanted to use it for Android and iOS exporting when I complete my games.

Or does anyone have any alternatives that are not as annoying as using Cordova? I'm just afraid if I update anything with Cordova (e.g. my Android SDK or NDK) I'm going to break absolutely everything down the line and cause me days worth of headaches instead of development time.

• Are you using PhoneGap Build? If you have an issue with that, it might be better to contact them about it.

We also have an official guide on using the Cordova CLI here and you can also use C3 to build C2 exports.

• Thank you Ashley, with some minor hammering and kludging, I was able to get Cordova CLI to work on Windows. It compiles successfully to the Android mobile platform, but now I've run into the issue where all of a sudden the app is silent for a solid 5-10 seconds and then ALL of the sounds get jumbled up all at once while the game is running. It's like the C2 engine is still loading media even after the game begins.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)