How do i make my canvas show tilemaps??

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • hello, basically, i am doing a top-down racing game, and i decided to make it split screen, after reading some forum posts and some tutorials, i managed to do it on my project

it showed all sprites fine, but then i had a huge problem, everytime i tried to show tilemaps on the canvas, i got an runtime error

i got this error when i tried with either Paster plugin from R0J0hound and Canvas from Rex.Rainbow

is there a way to fix this? or an workaround?

sorry for bad english, not native speaker

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump...

i tried disabling WebGl, the game didn't crash instantly, but the performance is way worse and it only show tilemaps near the player one, anyone have another solution?

• I'm guessing tilemaps are not rendered when they are outside of the viewport, so it will not be possible to paste them on canvas/paster object. There are two solutions -

1. Temporarily move tilemaps for player 2 to the viewport, paste them, and move back to their original position. This can all be done in one tick. Don't know if this can cause problems with player #1, maybe you'll also need to temporarily disable collisions.

2. Keep the tilemaps for player 2 on the screen, but make them invisible, or put them on an invisible layer. Seems like invisible tilemap can be pasted on Paster.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)