Can't C2 just tell me which pluin action ID dead?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Find pleasure in juggling balls with this basic HTML5 template
  • [attachment=0:1jxhmpsz][/attachment:1jxhmpsz]

I hate check by myself

becoz i have change a lot of plugin

everytime i update C2

I must check again

who killed C2

can just tell me which plugin please?

• Why are you using R180?

• Why are you using R180?

R180 is not the point

the point is everytime i update C2

i must check which plugin **** up C2

like text?textbox?ajax?websocket?

all of them i changed by myself

eveytime I must read C2's update log looking for which plugin changed

I just hoping C2 can tell me which...which one...

which one plugin not working

• You can bet it's never an official plugin or behavior that does this. We never break our own features like that.

This does get reported a lot. I didn't think third party developers would be so good at regularly breaking their own plugins. For this to happen the developer must have deleted an entire action and then re-published the plugin. I have no idea why they would do that, what do they expect to happen to existing projects? I guess I should improve the error message.

• You can bet it's never an official plugin or behavior that does this. We never break our own features like that.

This does get reported a lot. I didn't think third party developers would be so good at regularly breaking their own plugins. For this to happen the developer must have deleted an entire action and then re-published the plugin. I have no idea why they would do that, what do they expect to happen to existing projects? I guess I should improve the error message.

Sorry for my english

I'm meaning i edit so much "official plugin"

i hope C2 will tell me which "official plugin" dead

And i can get fix by myself...

• So what you are saying is. even though Ashley specifically says to not alter the official plugins and behaviors (https://www.scirra.com/forum/please-do-not-adjust-official-plugins-or-behaviors_t71650), you have gone ahead and altered them and now that they have broken, you want Ashley to put in place something to help you fix them, although you shouldn't have touched them in the first place?!

• So what you are saying is. even though Ashley specifically says to not alter the official plugins and behaviors (https://www.scirra.com/forum/please-do-not-adjust-official-plugins-or-behaviors_t71650), you have gone ahead and altered them and now that they have broken, you want Ashley to put in place something to help you fix them, although you shouldn't have touched them in the first place?!

many of function i need and official plugins not have

eg: change textbox type in action(pw?email?phone?)

• Why didn't you make a separate 3rd party plugin instead of modifying the official? Of course it would break your game as the new fresh C2 install will overwrite the modified one. Can't you isolate your own plugin just like what other plugin creator did?

I probably missing something here but you seems to be knowledgeable at modifying plugin and possibly much better at C2 than I am and most of the community, but why are you missing such a simple work practice?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why didn't you make a separate 3rd party plugin instead of modifying the official? Of course it would break your game as the new fresh C2 install will overwrite the modified one. Can't you isolate your own plugin just like what other plugin creator did?

I probably missing something here but you seems to be knowledgeable at modifying plugin and possibly much better at C2 than I am and most of the community, but why are you missing such a simple work practice?

I will do it

If there a way i can change the action plugin A to plugin B

becoz i have a lot of old project

so just hope C2 tell me which

that all

• Well, there is an update log every time C2 updates, but you really should have just copied it all into new plugins and did your tinkering there. I'm afraid this is far beyond anyone's ability to help you.

• For something like this you'd have to install to a different location and use a diff program like winmerge to see exactly what changed in the files.

• I use Ultraedit and it has a side-by-side comparison feature for checking files which would be ideal for comparing plugin changes.

• Well, there is an update log every time C2 updates, but you really should have just copied it all into new plugins and did your tinkering there. I'm afraid this is far beyond anyone's ability to help you.

I know how i stupid

but i think tell whihc plugin dead is easy for scirra,right?

and also...who will check all of update log XDDD

• Well.... If you read the latest one:

Improved the error message when opening a project which references missing actions or conditions in a plugin. It now identifies the plugin name and ID.

• Yeah, as of r181 Construct 2 will blame the correct plugin/behavior in the error message.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)