How do I cancel an action under certain circumstances?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • I have it to where wherever the player clicks a bullet shoots from the turret and adds one to "shotsfired". However when the player clicks "next wave" the turret shoots and it adds 1 to shots fired. How can I prevent this?

I have it set to where the turret is "deactivated" between waves but as soon as the player clicks on the next wave it shoots the bullet. I've also tried subtracting one and destroying the bullet but it doesn't seem to work either. I also have messed around with variables but no success.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Delay the moment the turret becomes activated with the "System: wait action".

Or you can add a condition to make sure that the "shooting click" does not happen when the click occurs over the "Next wave" button. (Condition Mouse is over object / Inverted)

• Delay the moment the turret becomes activated with the "System: wait action".

Or you can add a condition to make sure that the "shooting click" does not happen when the click occurs over the "Next wave" button. (Condition Mouse is over object / Inverted)

I could have sworn I tried the "wait" option before and it didn't work. Got it, thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)