How to make the same bullet pattern from the video below?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Hello, so it's me again with something based about my last topic, here i just want to replicate the function of a game that i recorded, mainly the mechanic of making the spear rotate and face towards the player really smoothly.

I don't know how do i replicate it in the way that after the rotation slows down, it will perfectly rotate-facing the players acquired position. Yes it won't predict or face it all time, will just get the player X and Y cordinates when the spear is created, stops rotating and launch it.

Just see the video below, it's happens at the 3rd and 5rd attack patterns.

streamable.com/8wup5t

• There’s a “rotate toward position” action that lets you smoothly rotate to face a location.

• There’s a “rotate toward position” action that lets you smoothly rotate to face a location.

Oh, i forgot about that expression, helped me a lot, gonna try it and see if it works, really thank you!

Actually, can you explain me how to do that smoothly? Because i don't know how to use lerp if that's necessary, and i don't know either a good way to do it.

• Well it should be as simple as:

Every tick

— sprite: rotate 100*dt degrees towards (320,240)

Where 100*dt means 100 degrees per second.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well it should be as simple as:

Every tick

— sprite: rotate 100*dt degrees towards (320,240)

Where 100*dt means 100 degrees per second.

That should do the trick, really thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)