What is the best way to make a Turn based Strategy game?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hex grid or land regions,

Players take turn at the same time, Then hit end turn\ and then see the out-come of the players choices?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Planning to make it turn based online multiplayer? or offline game with a turn based ai?

• Just multiplayer buddy! I am not very good with programming and I have not found any good examples so far.

OK so I found Rexrainbow's grid plugins, but I still am not sure how to use them yet.. going to look into it more but I dont think it will work for region\zones.

Now since then I been trying to think how to make a region\zone based Turn based strategy.

Look at pic below

http://imgur.com/3fm914Z

{OK I think I figured the problem below out!}

So I have a circle sprite around the GREEN unit, And If it is touching a REGION Square sprite then you can move there, taking a movement point away from the unit.

But You can also click the REGION Square you are already in, and waste move points(witch I dont want to happen)

What should I do to get the desired results?

• Yea, rex's squareTx and hexTx (maybe combined now?) are good for this. Then you just need a global variable for tracking the turn number.

If you are using non-standard grid shapes, then you may have to fallback to some kind of ID system.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)