Animation won't play

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Casual Gameplay Music is a royalty free collection of background music tracks and loops.
  • Hello, I've been making good progress on my amateur game thanks to some people in this community, ya'll are amazing. But recently I've found an error in the coding that I can't seem to fix.

Link to capx: drive.google.com/drive/folders/15c9c-_2J4sFjuFhx57SyuyhvEIohvvj0

So, this is a swimming game. You use S and D to accelerate, and Space to dash for a short period of time. After using it, the dash becomes unavailable for a few seconds before being reusable. When you're dashing, the animation is supposed to change into a dash animation. This works fine when the score is below 150 (150 is one of the checkpoints I've set: Whenever the score passes beyond 150, player speed decreases and enemy speed increases).

For the love of anything I can't seem to figure out why the animation won't play when the score is above 150. Can anyone look into this and help me? Thanks before!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From event 11 and down you have an 'OR experience > x' condition and when you go over 150 event 11 is always true, and on the right you're setting the animation to Swim, so if your score is 150 it will always try to play Swim animation even if you're dashing.

• From event 11 and down you have an 'OR experience > x' condition and when you go over 150 event 11 is always true, and on the right you're setting the animation to Swim, so if your score is 150 it will always try to play Swim animation even if you're dashing.

Is it possible to have OR blocks and normal blocks in the same condition?

EDIT: Yay after tweaking some of the events, it finally works! Idk why this setting is the correct one but since it's working I'm not gonna judge

drive.google.com/open

Thanks for the giving me some perspective :))

-Another issue: drive.google.com/open

The trigger for activating pause is working, but for deactivating it is not..

The game stays paused even after pressing Enter and the countdown number does not do the countdown. Apparently the Wait command is preventing the deactivation to occur, so countdown is impossible to implement.

- This one has also been making me bang my head against the wall:

drive.google.com/open

Have preloaded the files to no avail. This has happened to me a few times already and I do not know what causes it.

• Yes that seems correct to split them out, you want to do one thing on key press and another when a score is above a limit so it's perfectly fine. Is your issue to do with pause or game over screen? If you can share the file again I'll take a look.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)