How do I make an animal crossing voice generator?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Guess the sound Quiz is an amazing and innovative app for kids to learn the different animal sounds.
  • I'm having trouble trying to identify the letters in a text. I'm using a type writer effect, and I'm hoping to match sounds to each letter when it appears on screen to play a sound like in animal crossing such as "a", "b", "c".

• Can I get some more info on the gameplay, not everyone has played that game. In general to access certain letters in text you use the tokenat expression, or you can just play sounds on key press.

• i think he means the readout of the chat, mumble voice in the new animal crossing...

this guy explains it here in this video

i built the animal crossing voice in 64 lines of code

his approach is pretty good and you can replicate it with Construct also. i think Construct also has a text-to-vose synthethisizer and you could high-pitch and speed up the way it's read the text im to busy to play with it... but you could do it by following that video also it just requires some sort of "events script, that plays the ABC recorded sound" for each ABC letter found in your text... hope it helps.

• Thank you, that’s what I’m trying to do for my game, but I don’t know how to assign each letter to the proper voice clip when the letter appears on screen.

I’ve tried several times, but I can’t figure it out.

• here is a construct 3 text to speech method that is supported by default, this should give you an idea on how things should go.

text-to-speech

• here is a construct 3 text to speech method that is supported by default, this should give you an idea on how things should go.

text-to-speech

That's not quite what I'm looking for. Here's an example of what I'm trying to accomplish. I just can't figure out how to code it properly.

zbogucki.com/portfolio/dialogue-generator

• yea so you have to assign as i said for each letter detected in the TEXT file you have a "audio file" that sayis something, like A saying "Ah" and then when u play that with audio plugin, you can adjust the pitch speed, etc and make it sound like that... in order to Asign the A to "Ah" b to "bah" etc you have to do the manual work, as there is no library for construct that does that .. plus you will need "custom audio files" it won't sound the same if you pronounce perfectly A but instead you have to pronounce how is heard "A." so ... is a bit of work to be done.

if im not mistaken R0J0hound or dop2000 had some midi player thingie that was assigning .wav recorded notes to some keystrokes on keyboard... that should probably work, you just replace the keys on keyboard with the TEXT detection of the letters that appear in screen.

however the midi file example im talking about is like 3-4 years old example lost to the time in the Construct 2 section, you might be able to find the post if you do a "Construct 2 midi to keyboard player "search something like that..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here is my attempt:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4m5x2rx9wxj4w0/Text2AnimalCrossingSpeech.c3p?dl=0

holy sh*t that is amazing, pretty sure that recording of the 26-27 files was a pain in the butt? XD

playback rate 2.5-4 is closer and smoother amazing ... not sure what the use of this would be but ehm... great stuff

• holy sh*t that is amazing, pretty sure that recording of the 26-27 files was a pain in the butt? XD

Pretty sure it was! But not for me :) I got these recordings from that link you posted:

youtube.com/watch

• OMG, this is exactly what I need thank you! : D

I took your code, and combined it with rex's timing plugin to make this voice generator work in 1 event. Thanks again. : )

• > holy sh*t that is amazing, pretty sure that recording of the 26-27 files was a pain in the butt? XD

Pretty sure it was! But not for me :) I got these recordings from that link you posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYnI_ZLj5ys

hah i didn't even noticed the repository :) i think was someone around forum that was collecting capx example and posting them somewhere around? this should be a good addition to that website.

• i think was someone around forum that was collecting capx example and posting them

I believe I know the guy! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)