XDK splash screens, Crosswalk for Android build

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A collection of 10 amazing sprite sheet animations for your incredible games
  • With the latest XDK version, how do I get the splash screens right so they aren't stretched out of ratio out on my 16:9 and 16:10 devices? Thanks.

• Use 9 patch. It seemed to work for me.

• Use 9 patch. It seemed to work for me.

hey thanks for the response. But I'm referring to the splash screens required by the "Launch Icons and Splash Screens" settings in the XDK Project settings.

• I don't think there's much you can do about it, besides designing it for a smaller resolution (leave space around the edges)

• splash screens and icons is a MESS in the latest XDK. the generated apk is filled with default splash screens that you have no way to change before you generate the apk

the produces a lot of extra files and bigger filesize

for now it seems they don't have any intention of streamlining that

• I don't think there's much you can do about it, besides designing it for a smaller resolution (leave space around the edges)

Thing is they aren't cropped or letterboxed, they are scaled so that they appear stretched on my Nexus 5 and 7.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • codah Are you using the right orientations for each Portrait/Landscape tab & uploaded all the dimensions?

I'm just wondering because my splashscreens are fine on Galaxy Tab 3 (1024 x 600, ~17:10) & Archos 80 Cobalt (1024 x 768, 4:3)

• TwinTails Yep, my game is portrait only and I've uploaded all the sizes. Both the N5 and 7 are 16:10 and I'm guessing it's using the XHDPI which is 720x960 or "13:10" so it's stretched badly vertically.

I also have one device (older Acer tab at 1280x800, also 16:10) that 'appears' to look ok, but I think that's because it's using the MDPI (320x470) which is almost "15:10" and so closer to correct ratio and only stretched slightly.

Not sure how these are expected to work at all if scaled..

• TwinTails I'm wondering how could your splashscreens be fine on the Galaxy Tab 3, if the splash images are not 17:10, they would have to be stretched or letterboxed.. confused. Is there a setting I'm missing??

• I just make my splash screen images distorted so when it stretches for 16:9 or 16:10, it looks correct.

• Why do people use splash screens? are there any benefits from using it?

Instead of them I've always placed some graphics/info on first layout and change to my game layout after some time

• I just make my splash screen images distorted so when it stretches for 16:9 or 16:10, it looks correct.

I was seriously going to do that but then it will still be wrong for some devices. But I guess you'll have covered the majority 16:10 and 16:9.

But I just found something. If I install from the Play store, the splash screens are ok.. as in, maybe slightly distorted, so apparently using a different splash. Install locally and they are distorted. Maybe I'm just going insane. Never mind that my ads have stopped displaying now that I've uploaded to Google

• Why do people use splash screens? are there any benefits from using it?

Instead of them I've always placed some graphics/info on first layout and change to my game layout after some time

But the splash screen appears before the loader layout doesn't it? So they serve different purposes?

• I used draw 9 patch. And my splash screens on the new xdk showed decently.

• > Why do people use splash screens? are there any benefits from using it?

> Instead of them I've always placed some graphics/info on first layout and change to my game layout after some time

>

But the splash screen appears before the loader layout doesn't it? So they serve different purposes?

No idea, that's why I'm asking

Is it visible while game is loading in the background? if so loader layout is doing same thing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)