XDK splash screens, Crosswalk for Android build

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A collection of 10 amazing sprite sheet animations for your incredible games
  • Ok there is an online utility I used but I'm on vacation and can't find it on my phone. I'll update later.

• Ok there is an online utility I used but I'm on vacation and can't find it on my phone. I'll update later.

no prob thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I just make my splash screen images distorted so when it stretches for 16:9 or 16:10, it looks correct.

>

I was seriously going to do that but then it will still be wrong for some devices. But I guess you'll have covered the majority 16:10 and 16:9.

Yup, the vast majority of Android devices in Landscape is 16:9 or 16:10 so its ok!

• http://romannurik.github.io/AndroidAsse ... tches.html

Thats what I used to make my splash screen. I had to shrink it by 2px because it was a little too big.

• >

> > I just make my splash screen images distorted so when it stretches for 16:9 or 16:10, it looks correct.

> >

>

> I was seriously going to do that but then it will still be wrong for some devices. But I guess you'll have covered the majority 16:10 and 16:9.

>

Yup, the vast majority of Android devices in Landscape is 16:9 or 16:10 so its ok!

So do you generate all the images or just the XHDPI one, or..?

romannurik.github.io/AndroidAssetStudio/nine-patches.html

Thats what I used to make my splash screen. I had to shrink it by 2px because it was a little too big.

Looks like some great tools there. Would you mind giving me a 'dummy's' version of how to use the 9patch generator for the splash screens? It's not entirely intuitive to me! Thanks.

• xach

How do you use 9-patch for the splash screen? Is there a setting for it somewhere in the XDK?

• >

> > Why do people use splash screens? are there any benefits from using it?

> > Instead of them I've always placed some graphics/info on first layout and change to my game layout after some time

> >

>

> But the splash screen appears before the loader layout doesn't it? So they serve different purposes?

>

No idea, that's why I'm asking

Is it visible while game is loading in the background? if so loader layout is doing same thing.

I use splash screens because.. the XDK requires it? If you don't supply them I think I will get the "Intel XDK" splash screen, or at least that's what used to happen.

In fact there doesn't seem to be any way to remove splash screens once you've added them to your XDK project..

• I never set up any splash screen in any version of XDK and it never shows xdk splash screens. It always simply starts the game.

But my question is still valid. What benefits splash screen gives you?

Is it loading a game in background while splash screen is visible? If so, then what about C2 loader layout, will it still be displayed?

• codah if you dont want splash screens just UNclick the splash screen option in Plugins and Permissions they arnt required and you shouldnt get the Intel screen or atleast with i started using XDK thats how it worked

• codah if you dont want splash screens just UNclick the splash screen option in Plugins and Permissions they arnt required and you shouldnt get the Intel screen or atleast with i started using XDK thats how it worked

I don't see that option in XDK build 1199.. I think it was present in an earlier version? Just a browse button for each image size, and that's it.

I never set up any splash screen in any version of XDK and it never shows xdk splash screens. It always simply starts the game.

But my question is still valid. What benefits splash screen gives you?

Is it loading a game in background while splash screen is visible? If so, then what about C2 loader layout, will it still be displayed?

I might create a dummy app without specifying splash screens and see what happens. Like I said, the only reason I'm using them is because I thought I HAD to use them.

• [attachment=0:2ibmc517][/attachment:2ibmc517]

• [attachment=0:2iulaspw][/attachment:2iulaspw]

Thanks ... will try that. But at the moment my XDK build is failing! If it's not one thing it's another.

• it might not be just you i havent been able to build anything all day

• it might not be just you i havent been able to build anything all day

Yep.. I can't build anything dammit. Wonder if it's worth setting up for local builds..

• All you have to do is upload your splash screen image and it and it will spit out all the files. All 9 patch seems to be is a name.9.png file or something like that. I think your image has to be in the new xdk sizes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)