What is windows 10 preformance?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • I know what it is but what does that mean in terms of games preformance. Since its on desktop and xbox one.

• We'll have to see once it's fully released on the 29th and not just a tech preview...So far as I've seen it's like a redesigned windows 8.1. As far as design goes, a game can be started on your PC and finished on the xbox one or vice versa. Its just Xbox live is integrated into Windows 10.

Performance wise, would depend on the system, but I would imagine one would have to start off programming for Xbox first since it's bound to be lower powered than some PC's , then tweak for PC. Maybe something to detect the system you're on, and auto adjust settings.

I would try to make a game for Xbox One first, and go from there.

• I've tested a couple C2 demos on Microsoft Edge and it's fast as Microsoft promised. If you're running Windows 7 currently, then I would recommend the upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 is basically what should of been Windows 8..

• The new Microsoft Edge browser is a lot faster. It's pretty close to Chrome's performance now.

• The new Microsoft Edge browser is a lot faster. It's pretty close to Chrome's performance now.

Not sure if you tested the latest RTM 10240, but Microsoft claims it's faster than Chrome now and I can agree.. Even on a less than stellar machine, C2 games run pretty good..

To build the game, would the VS 2015 Community edition suffice? Will we be able to test it on a Phone Emulator?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > The new Microsoft Edge browser is a lot faster. It's pretty close to Chrome's performance now.

>

To build the game, would the VS 2015 Community edition suffice? Will we be able to test it on a Phone Emulator?

That's the only version of Visual Studio 2015 for people like us. VS 2015 RC was basically the Release Candidate, but now it's renamed to Community and yes there's a Windows Phone emulator.

Also..

[quote:1feu5lhx]Note: VS 2015 Community does not support developing for Windows 10 until July 29. Continue to use Visual Studio 2015 RC until July 29 if you are developing Universal Windows apps.

• That's the only version of Visual Studio 2015 for people like us. VS 2015 RC was basically the Release Candidate, but now it's renamed to Community and yes there's a Windows Phone emulator.

Also..

[quote:1qze8vbv]Note: VS 2015 Community does not support developing for Windows 10 until July 29. Continue to use Visual Studio 2015 RC until July 29 if you are developing Universal Windows apps.

Hey thanks a lot!

I am on the Windows 10 Technical Preview right now. I think on previous versions on Windows you needed to have atleast Pro edition inorder to use the Emulator (with HyperV). So I am not sure if the tech preview or editions that we all will be getting for free will allow us to use the Emulator. Do you have any information on it?

I am dying to release my game (link below) for Windows

Win8 has huge Audio issues due to which I totally dropped the plan. Having really high hopes for Win10

• >

> That's the only version of Visual Studio 2015 for people like us. VS 2015 RC was basically the Release Candidate, but now it's renamed to Community and yes there's a Windows Phone emulator.

> Also..

> [quote:17e3lkzm]Note: VS 2015 Community does not support developing for Windows 10 until July 29. Continue to use Visual Studio 2015 RC until July 29 if you are developing Universal Windows apps.

>

Hey thanks a lot!

I am on the Windows 10 Technical Preview right now. I think on previous versions on Windows you needed to have atleast Pro edition inorder to use the Emulator (with HyperV). So I am not sure if the tech preview or editions that we all will be getting for free will allow us to use the Emulator. Do you have any information on it?

I am dying to release my game (link below) for Windows

Win8 has huge Audio issues due to which I totally dropped the plan. Having really high hopes for Win10

Are you using Build 10240? The latest release? If so, then that's pretty much the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) and it's the closest thing that will be released on July 29th. I haven't tested any games under Visual Studio 2015 yet, but I'm pretty much excited about releasing to Windows 10 platform. I have alot of games waiting for it. As far as I can recalled Web Audio is better on Windows 10's Edge compared to Internet Explorer.

• Are you using Build 10240? The latest release? If so, then that's pretty much the RTM (Release to Manufacturing) and it's the closest thing that will be released on July 29th. I haven't tested any games under Visual Studio 2015 yet, but I'm pretty much excited about releasing to Windows 10 platform. I have alot of games waiting for it. As far as I can recalled Web Audio is better on Windows 10's Edge compared to Internet Explorer.

Yes I am on Build 10240. One more day for the Windows 10 and VS 2015 to go public. Yes! Edge has all the latest Web Browsers specs that we have in Chrome and FF. Also much faster than Chrome.

I am super excited for Windows 10 release. Just hope VS 2015 Community Edition allows us to test the App on Windows 10 Phone Emulator

• >

> >

> > .. but I'm pretty much excited about releasing to Windows 10 platform. I have alot of games waiting for it.

> >

>

do you have a solution for adding ads to the "Windows 10 app" ?

• do you have a solution for adding ads to the "Windows 10 app" ?

Does the existing Pubcenter plugin not work here?

• I think you should be able to use the current pubcenter ads..

However, I'm having trouble with building and opening App Manifest GUI in the new VS 2015 Community.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/r210-windows-10-export-build-issues_p956275?#p956275

• Never mind, I figured out that problem.. I'm gonna test the pubcenter on my Duck Carnival HD game and let you know if pubCenter works. I might test for Admob too.

• What was the problem/solution? I have some problems myself with Windows export, for example when i click on that file with a 8.1 universal app export, Visual Studio crashes, everytime, with every prject i tryed. When i want to open the windows 10 exported project it just says i need Windows 8.1 to do this.

Guess i have to update my Windows? But i fear VS will still crash after that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)