Maybe this thread can be summarized to point:
Construct 2 is a HTML5 engine and that's all it is. You can't export anything else.
HTML5 can be wrapped so, that it's possible to run in devices like stand alone apps, but it's still a browser.
Construct does that very well, but it shouldn't pretend to be anything else.
If you seriously want something else, maybe it's time to move forward
Construct 2 is a HTML5 engine which can export only to HTML5 and all the rest is wrapping. That is a fact, but is it an issue in itself? No. It gives possibilities.
Construct 2 does not to pretend to be anything else. It is stated that it is an HTML5 event based engine with possibilities to export your project built in C2 to various platforms. And that is true as well. It is not stated that it is flawless. Nothing is flawless. But I wouldn't say that C2 pretend to be something that it isn't. And comparing software to the "bike" from the shop is simply stupid.
It gives a lot of frustration sometimes, especially when the third parties fail, but after all:
1. C2 is the best HTML5 engine there is.
2. C2 is the easiest game engine there is.
3. C2 is used by many companies. Even if not for end product then for prototyping, cause there is no engine you can build an app faster then in C2.
4. I read several times people said "I tried many engines and I always back to C2". It's not for no reason.
5. It is possible to convert C2 app into an app for Android, iOS, Desktop. That is a fact and there are tons of proofs on Google Play, App Store and Steam.
6. Many people earned a lot on apps made with C2 - just check Steam etc.
7. More than 90% of frustrations is related to the performance of mobile apps. But this won't be an issue in the near future - you know that.
I understand the frustration. I am mad as well pretty often. But how can you say that they pretend to be something there aren't? I haven't found a one lie on the main page. Unity and other engines have some bugs and fixes regularly as well and they are not putting on the main page "WE ARE BUGGED AT THE MOMENT!".
I'd say C2 has a bad time recently cause of third parties issues. I also said on several posts recently that "I have a bad timing with releasing my app" because of Intel and Cocoon issues. But it wasn't always like that. Once they fix the criticals there is again a "good era".
Intel XDK is releasing CW16 soon which will improve performane very much. And Andy is working now on templates for CocoonIO to show how we can implement custom cordova plugins which will allow to get rid of some permission requirements. So fixes are comming. People are working.
I am not with Construct from it's beginning but I am sure it is a much more proffesional tool and with many more possibilities than it was at the beginning. And it will be better every year.
"You can do good things for a whole life, but if you fail once - this one will be remembered". Be fair guys. Go check other engines. That is fine. I do it myself for various purposes and I see nothing bad in this. But sh***ing on what is written on the main page and comparing software to the bike is just foolish.
Do they give you updates and new features to your bike regularly and for free? Oh... welll...