How to test if Sprite is on a xxx animation but not playing?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I understand there is a way to find out whether a sprite is playing animation "xxx" but one can later issue a "stop" command to stop it at its frame whatever it is in the animation that it is currently playing it.

Now...

Is there a way to later fine out if it is currently not playing ?

Yes again I understand there is a way to find out whether it is playing a certain animation, but is there a way to find out if it is not playing when it is in that animation ?

• Well, it looks like... action... the sprite in question... under animations "is playing" then it asks you which animation to test (It's "Default" if you haven't named it anything).

Wait, what is your question? How to test if it's not doing what it says it's doing?

Oh do you mean to invert the condition? Right click on the condition and select "invert". Is that it?

• This depends on what you mean by testing if an animation is "playing" or "not playing". An animation can be playing with an AnimationSpeed of 0 (set to zero or stopped using events).... Either way, if an image is displayed then an animation is playing. So, I think you're asking how to check if the frame rate for an animation is above zero. In which case, use something like:

System : Compare Two Values [Sprite.AnimationSpeed > 0]

To test if the sprite is on xxx animation:

System : Compare Two Values [Sprite.AnimationName = "xxx"]

• Oh that's a great idea.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • YES AnimationSpeed !

Thank you Awesome Colludium!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)