Stable r221 problem?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • Today I saw Stable r221 was available, so I downloaded it with no problem, but when I went to run the .exe; Smartscreen popped up saying it could be unsafe and that it was an unrecognized app. I don't think it would be unsafe, but has anyone else seen this? Did you run it without problems. I'm using Win. 8.1 if that matters. Thanks.

• I had it, im running windows 10, the message said that windows had protected my pc and stopped the app from running, so i ran it manually, and works just fine.

• I had it, im running windows 10, the message said that windows had protected my pc and stopped the app from running, so i ran it manually, and works just fine.

Thanks for responding. I wonder if anyone else has had any problems.

• I think Windows sometimes shows that message for downloaded executables that it deems are "not commonly downloaded". Obviously when we first release a download, it's not commonly downloaded yet, so I think it needs some time to recognise that the file is OK. I'm a bit surprised it shows a message, the installer is digitally signed to prove it comes from us.

• I think Windows sometimes shows that message for downloaded executables that it deems are "not commonly downloaded". Obviously when we first release a download, it's not commonly downloaded yet, so I think it needs some time to recognise that the file is OK. I'm a bit surprised it shows a message, the installer is digitally signed to prove it comes from us.

That makes sense, but I do wonder what "xifhf" stands for in the .exe name since I noticed the other versions don't have that. Thanks for informing me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > I think Windows sometimes shows that message for downloaded executables that it deems are "not commonly downloaded". Obviously when we first release a download, it's not commonly downloaded yet, so I think it needs some time to recognise that the file is OK. I'm a bit surprised it shows a message, the installer is digitally signed to prove it comes from us.

>

That makes sense, but I do wonder what "xifhf" stands for in the .exe name since I noticed the other versions don't have that. Thanks for informing me.

That is very worrying. My file looked like this construct2-r221-setup_klfgf.exe and had same message, which I bypassed. Ashley

• >

> > I think Windows sometimes shows that message for downloaded executables that it deems are "not commonly downloaded". Obviously when we first release a download, it's not commonly downloaded yet, so I think it needs some time to recognise that the file is OK. I'm a bit surprised it shows a message, the installer is digitally signed to prove it comes from us.

> >

>

> That makes sense, but I do wonder what "xifhf" stands for in the .exe name since I noticed the other versions don't have that. Thanks for informing me.

>

That is very worrying. My file looked like this construct2-r221-setup_klfgf.exe and had same message, which I bypassed. Ashley

Why is it very worrying; what do you think is wrong? I wonder why they have different names.

• So far it has worked as expected

• So far it has worked as expected

That's good to know.

• There are some random characters in the filename to help distinguish different users. It's normal and to be expected.

• There are some random characters in the filename to help distinguish different users. It's normal and to be expected.

Thanks for clarification.

• If you are on Windows 10, it might be because of the latest update. Microsoft probably implemented a new security feature.

I'm even getting the prompt for other applications that I know are trustworthy, so I don't think we all have digital herpes now or anything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)