Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hi Roccinio, I don't think C2 uses resources detecting collisions unless you are checking for collisions against those objects. The reason this is happening is because as the plugin animates it sets the collision and visibility status for each sprite depending on whether the sprite should be present on that frame. I can add a disable all collisions action, but as I said, I don't think it's necessary as there shouldn't be any overhead unless you are indeed trying to detect collisions.

plugin changelog 6/5/14

• Made scml object visible in the layout editor as a blue and violet square. The number within the square tells you what the initial scale will be.

Everyone let me know if you like the scale indicator in the square, or if it's distracting and/or confusing.

• lucid - has the blend mode been implemented in C2 yet? When I use it, it flips some of my ability animations and causes other strange glitches. Thanks, Morgan.

• Also, I put some sound files in one of my animations and after I updated in C2, the game layout automatically crashes when I try to load it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's the notification I got:

• I'm using the latest version of the plugin and the latest version of C2.

• Sorry for saying that, I'm completely confused on how to import the project correctly into C2 and how to export the animatioin from Spriter - .scon .scml, extra save options, etc. Everything looks so messed up and unintuitive. No animations are playing in C2 just confused by this software. I think you should improve the usability of the whole workflow. Also if you used to work with any popular animation system like flash or after affects, the way spriter works is also confusing. Don't take it personal, just my humble feedback. I would rather leave it for a current project and animate with the possibilities I have in C2. Just look at C2 it is so intuitive I could understand the way it works just from scratch, without any manuals or tutorials, that's why I sticked to C2

• Sorry for saying that, I'm completely confused on how to import the project correctly into C2 and how to export the animatioin from Spriter - .scon .scml, extra save options, etc. Everything looks so messed up and unintuitive. No animations are playing in C2 just confused by this software. I think you should improve the usability of the whole workflow. Also if you used to work with any popular animation system like flash or after affects, the way spriter works is also confusing. Don't take it personal, just my humble feedback. I would rather leave it for a current project and animate with the possibilities I have in C2. Just look at C2 it is so intuitive I could understand the way it works just from scratch, without any manuals or tutorials, that's why I sticked to C2

xoros - The basic steps are pretty simple:

• Set the save options in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
    • Save both an scml and a scon file
    • Drag either file into the layout in C2
    • Preview the layout

The plan is eventually to eliminate the need for 2 files, but for now all you have to do is have both.

Here's a tutorial on how to use

Subscribe to Construct videos now

and one for the plugin.

lucid - has the blend mode been implemented in C2 yet? When I use it, it flips some of my ability animations and causes other strange glitches. Thanks, Morgan.

Also, I put some sound files in one of my animations and after I updated in C2, the game layout automatically crashes when I try to load it.

Please send a capx

• plugin changelog 6/6/14

• Fixed an issue where immediately after a Set Animation action, the updated positions of all sprites wouldn't be available in expressions until the following tick.
    • Fixed a bug where if you changed the Character Map of a character while an animation was paused, the changes wouldn't take effect until the character was moved or the animation resumed.
    • Changed the edittime display of the plugin to a filled rectangle.
  • istavang thanks, your link is help.

But now I have next trouble. I can't see my character. I see him in editor, but when I run layout I don't see him.

But example "Grey Guy" work well, Maybe I was miss somethink in spriter? I know about custom save options and use all of them.

• lucid

Thanks man for step by step explanation, for me better than video, will give it a try )

But now I have next trouble. I can't see my character. I see him in editor, but when I run layout I don't see him.

But example "Grey Guy" work well, Maybe I was miss somethink in spriter? I know about custom save options and use all of them.

Do you have both an scml and a scon file?

link up ur capx , il fix

its important to

1 Change your settings in "Spriter" under files : other file actions : "custum save options" and check them all On,

2 Then save and make 2 files ,1 in player.scml and then again 1save as player.scon , u may need to type the .ext ".scon" manualy on some rigs

3 Then u go to files in that folder , then u drag the "player.scml" file over to ur layout and save the eventsheet

4 Then u highlight ur scml eg. player.scml file (and may move the this object z order to top its in the sprite bundel) but u can allso leave it there,

so go to bottom left in editor properties for ur "player.scml " file and change the name ext from player.scml to player.scon and save ur game

then run your gear

• as istavang said, the steps are:

• Set the save options in Spriter (You only have to do this once. The settings will be saved for future projects)
    • Preview the layout

Also, just a heads up istavang, you no longer need to change the extension to *.scon, the plugin will do this automatically now at runtime

• Preview the layout

Also, just a heads up istavang, you no longer need to change the extension to *.scon, the plugin will do this automatically now at runtime

oh ok thanks for info

• Preview the layout

using spriter to make complete animations i verry time consuming ,using demo as startpoint is fine and doing custum adjustments for speciall needs its ok .. so shipping demo animations as greyman and embeded packages as being done when bought its genialt to save time we do not have 2 much of, capx useing demos is allso good for more sales and more users and use's , 3d coins is awsome , more 3D (2.5D) examles is may a demand soon no as we enter in to the new 3d plugin ,

sprites poseing ,animating in 8 direction could be cool

and making and selling smaller animation snippets for eg 15 usd may be worth the prize to save time a tip

edit:

could u share the preview basic animpack capx for those who have bought Spriter , or set it for sale to us who has bought the spriter pro ? would be a big help and timesave for me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)