Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • I just discoverd it and buy it Awesome!

• lucid

Me again, sorry to be a pain.

Let me explain my latest progress, I have managed to import the .scon after I imported the .scml

And while I have success with the preview in a browser, when I export my project with the Minify Script either on or off for Cocoonjs,

I still have no success with regards to the actual images animating....

I can see my sprites just sitting there, Sad, Lonely Just waiting,wanting to work.

But they are Placid

Why is it that they are only working in the preview browser but not in my Cocoonjs Export?

I should mention, I am an iOS user, not an android user.

Is there anyway you can assist me with this issue?

It's just that I cannot get it to work on Cocoonjs. It works everywhere else.

kIND rEGARDS

• Hi BAnyBudde,

This is Mike at BrashMonkey.

Could you email me ( mikebbt@brashmonkey.com ) your capx and Spriter project involved so I can troubleshoot and try to get it working on my ipod?

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• Nice work thank you I will use it

• Hi Mike, Just got your message now, was away for a few days.

I just e-mailed you everything you will need.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

• We just released a new prerelease/test build of Spriter if anyone wants to help us find bugs for the next stable release.

There are still some things that Ashley will have to handle C2-side before character maps will work in C2, but this Spriter pre-release also contains a bugfix in .scon saves required by the plugin. So we're one step closer to the plugin supporting character maps. After the stable release, I'll immediately update the plugin to support the new variable and tag features (see link above). Once this is done, and the importer is complete c2side, the plugin will fully support all Spriter 1.0 pro features.

• Hello.

Here is a bugreport from me.

Position of Spriter scml object lags from position of player sprite object with platform behavior. When you have couple other sprites pinned to player sprite this lags look very annoying.

Here is a link to capx file that demonstrates lags:I've investigated the problem a little bit. It looks like the problem is in changing positions of sprites (attached to animation timelines) in tick() handler of Spriter plugin instead of doing this in a sort of draw() method when all the conditions of current event loop iteration were processed. I've added javascript console logging:

• "spriter tick" to Spriter plugin tick() method
    • "position change tick" to "On every tick" event sheet condition where I set position of scml object to position of player sprite.
    • "spriter draw " to Spriter plugin draw() method

Here is a piece of the javascript console log:

spriter tick Spriter_plugin.js:762 position change tick VM154:1 spriter draw Spriter_plugin.js:967 spriter tick Spriter_plugin.js:762 position change tick VM155:1 spriter draw Spriter_plugin.js:967 spriter tick Spriter_plugin.js:762 position change tick

So Spriter plugin changes positions of attached sprites before position of the whole scml object is changed during "position change tick" event sheet condition processing.

Could you help with this problem either fixing it or proposing a workaround?

• lucid - does the latest scml plugin support alpha fades and have you found anything out about the post spawn flipping and IID errors? Thank you, Morgan.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So Spriter plugin changes positions of attached sprites before position of the whole scml object is changed during "position change tick" event sheet condition processing.

Could you help with this problem either fixing it or proposing a workaround?

I will take a closer look, and try to reproduce the error myself, and see if there isn't some way to solve this through the plugin.

lucid - does the latest scml plugin support alpha fades and have you found anything out about the post spawn flipping and IID errors? Thank you, Morgan.

Alpha fades should be working now (fixed a bug a few versions back), but please refresh my memory on the post spawn flipping and IID errors. What is the issue there again?

• lucid, I haven't recognized that the link to the capx which reproduces the problem was removed by the forum.

Here is it once again (put https before the link to get the full URL):

://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-KXDlig5kwVMzIzZ004bXJQb1E/edit?usp=sharing

There is actually a way to solve this problem somewhat. We can attach platform behavior to SCML object and then lags are cured (I don't remember actually why).

But due to another bug in Construct (https link ://sourceforge.net/p/construct/bugs/1349/) this solution doesn't work now: platformer SCML object should have tiny size to move on solid objects as expected (as animations are drawn in the center of SCML we should make SCML tiny, otherwise animations will "fly" in the air).

• Yes, alpha fades are working! Sweet! How about sounds lucid - are sounds functional in C2 yet? Thank you fellas for all of your hard work. Spriter is really shaping up!

• There is actually a way to solve this problem somewhat. We can attach platform behavior to SCML object and then lags are cured (I don't remember actually why)

The problem with the scml object having a behavior is that for now there's no way to set the size of the bounding box. For now it's just set to 100x100. There will eventually be a way to do this visually in Spriter, and automatically in C2, but no ETA on that just yet.

Yes, alpha fades are working! Sweet! How about sounds lucid - are sounds functional in C2 yet? Thank you fellas for all of your hard work. Spriter is really shaping up!

Thank you. Sounds aren't ready yet, but they are almost done: There is a bug in Spriter with sounds that will be fixed for the final version of this build, and which is important for the plugin to function. Also, sound won't work until the importer is updated. The plugin code is already complete, though.

• lucid - here's the screenshot of the IID error I get when trying to spawn attacks:

It happens more than 50% of the time.

• Hi Psi,

I'm looking into this now. I didn't see this error message at all when I was using the version I made when I fixed the flipping issue for the pyro attack....

Can you please tell me what browser you're using, and does this error message ever appear if you do nothing but run around and use the pyro attack. (no other attacks.)

thanks,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• The browser is chrome. The version is 33.0.1750.154 m (the latest). I get this error when spawning any spriter attacks - the psiblast or the pyrokinesis. Still having problems with the post spawning flipping and notice that it happens to regular sprites as well. All of my collision sprites for the Spriter attacks do the same thing. It makes me want to pull my hair out whilst banging my head against the wall!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 5 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 5 guests)