Simple thank you for families

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • I have been working with families since it came out and it's amazing. Thank you so much for adding it.

• All in a days work :) it's an important feature from Construct Classic, it was kind of an obvious omission since Construct 2 came out.

• Agreed, families are a fantastic feature, thank you. Will family behaviours be in soon? Once those are in I can begin working on my game. I'm holding off as I don't want to have to make significant changes once they're available. In fact they are the only feature I'm holding my breath for at this point.

• Family behaviors are on their way! Can't give ETA on features though I'm afraid.

• Whoa Family behavior awesome ! :D

But ditto here ! Families are the best

• I never heard of Family Behaviors before. What is it?

• Allows you to group objects that you can check conditions for. For example you want to check if a player is colliding with any enemy. You'd have several different enemy sprites. Put 'em all into the same family you name Enemy and just check "Player is overlapping Enemy".

You can also use actions and expressions with families.

This way you can add new objects etc. without altering existing code and objects.

• Allows you to group objects that you can check conditions for. For example you want to check if a player is colliding with any enemy. You'd have several different enemy sprites. Put 'em all into the same family you name Enemy and just check "Player is overlapping Enemy".

You can also use actions and expressions with families.

This way you can add new objects etc. without altering existing code and objects.

Thank you for the explanation. But isn't this the same as what Families already do? Maybe I missed something...Is there any difference between Families and Families Behaviors?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Family Behaviors are just the behavior equivalent of Family Variables. If you add a family variable, all objects in the family inherit the variable and can use it from the event sheet. Family behaviors means you would be able to add a behavior to a family, and all objects in the family inherit the behavior and can use it from the event sheet as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)