Set auto popout inspector debug window. Possible?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Hello,

Is there a way to force debug inspector automatically in separate popout window?

thanx!

• zenox98

can you maybe help?

theres a small button that toggles debugger in own window. Is it possible to have it allways on?

• I expect this would need Ashley's involvement. I can see the benefit, especially when using dual screens.

The uistate.xml file is used to maintain the configuration settings, but there doesn't appear to be anything to support debug. This would be the preferred option I reckon.

The other way would to have a debug (undocked) button, but this would require a UI change which I doubt Ashley has time for, due to C2 now just in maintenance mode.

Sorry, Irina, to be of so little help here. Probably a good suggestion for C3, if it hasn't already been proposed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The main problem is browser popup blockers block all popups by default, unless you click a button or perform some other kind of input event. So basically we can't automatically open a popup window, you have to click the button to give permission to open the popup anyway.

• Does it have to be browser popup?

Can it be just called in another window?

• The main problem is browser popup blockers block all popups by default, unless you click a button or perform some other kind of input event. So basically we can't automatically open a popup window, you have to click the button to give permission to open the popup anyway.

This shouldn't be an issue using NWjs. Would you mind sharing the JS code (Function call?) in order to popout the window?

I assume it should be possible to execute that code using the browser plugin on start of the layout or something like that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)