Take 30 seconds, help fix our export woes

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
30 high-quality 2D monsters. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • tumira

That's a good point. I haven't experimented with the beta versions of crosswalk much, but from what I've read on the forums it sounds like v8 and v9 are affected by this to some degree.

To tell you the truth, I assumed the bug report linked in this post was 'generic', and was not specific to one build of chrome. Now that I look at it, I can see that it says "OS-Windows".

I'll post about this in the bug report...maybe we need a new, more generic bug definition. :/

• Thanks TiAm for your work. I hope they implement the fix on both mobile and desktop version.

• Just a reminder to do this if you haven't already. Starring is a good start, but we need to give them our test results so they can fix it.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... 422000#c97

• Done..with 3 of my google accounts

• +1

• TiAm

C2 relies a lot on 3rd parties, so what you did with your posts and tweets about the Jank, inviting people to follow the Chromium bug report is very important, and I think Scirra is failing on doing that job, I think Scirra should put more pressure on 3rd parties to focus on game related issues.

I know that Ashley fills a lot of bug reports, but using social media can give a big push to those bugs for sure.(like you did in this Jank bug)

• cesisco

Maybe this could have been handled better, maybe not. But I certainly don't hold it against Ashley.

When this bug first occurred, he filed his own report (which collected dust), and was active on the report this thread links to (which was also largely propelled by someone called Jerry Jongerius, who has probably done more legwork on profiling and tracking this bug than anyone, and who, as far as I know, has no affiliation with C2 or Scirra). Ashley also created and refined the sbperftest for evaluating jank, framedrops, etc., with a specialized demo run of space blaster. Oh, and of course, he also develops C2 and somehow finds time to be active on the forums. He may even sleep.

I, on the other hand, spent 5 minutes writing a thread, which just happened to take off. BTW, neither of those twitter posts are mine; one is from Scirra (Ashley) itself. The thanks is largely due to the C2 community, which, as always, rose to the occasion.

I think at the beginning, we all underestimated this bug, and sort of assumed that it's severity would ensure it would be fixed quickly. It wasn't, and while the current stable is much improved, we're still trying to stave off future regressions.

The main goal in mind for me is to indicate to google that display quality is not a trivial issue for Web 3.0 (Browser-as-OS). There needs to be better internal testing to ensure that regressions like this don't make it into stable versions in the future...and that they are fixed quickly if they do, as with security issues and other major gaffes.

The best thing for this is competition. Ironically, the next contender may be everyone's old frenemy Microsoft. Reading between the lines of their recent announcements, I think it's very likely we may see something similar to node-webkit/crosswalk built around Spartan, where we can package apps with a high-performance browser runtime seamlessly and across multiple (MS) platforms. On windows at least, this would be a welcome addition.

• TiAm

I know Ashley is doing his best, and I am a huge fan of his work, but maybe this is a drawback of being a small company with few human resourses to cover all areas.

It's very important to make threads like this in future issues, because C2 comunity is huge and can make the diference when facing those Chromium and Firefox bugs.

Thanks!

• I just noticed it has 399 stars and if you read the last post in the thread 42.0.2299.0 canary is looking good. Hope this gets fixed soon.

• Starred it.

• +1

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • done.

• +1. Let's keep this going!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)