QuaziGNRLnose, I don't know... I was hoping it would be a driver incompatibility but the same thing happened when I tested the project on a different computer with a totally different hardware spec and version of windows.
The editor predominantly crashes when I preview the game... If the game previews and I see all of the text objects in the HUD display are in a tiny font then I know the editor has crashed during compilation. My browser icon and the task manager icon in the task bar then all change to the C2 icon as well (until mouse over)... The editor then is unresponsive (mostly) but it will go in and out of focus; I cannot take a screen shot of what it looks like for some reason - half of the editor goes blank or it colours black. I have so far removed all webgl effects with no effects to be shown in the editor, to no change in stability. I am now writing my own replacement for the hand full of third party plugins I use.
I did wander about a memory leak but C2 seems to max out at using about 400 Mb and that doesn't seem to constantly increase as I would imagine a leak would cause.
It's going to take me a day or two to write my behaviours in events. I'll post the results of what I learn here (it was happening before r190); there is no way this can make a bug report, unless I say 'just do work in the editor, on layouts and in event sheets, while saving and previewing a lot, for 15-45 mins'...
Edit to add that I'm not sure when this started to first happen, and I am reluctant to speculate about the cause, but it was around the time that global layers were introduced (I use quite a few, so my roll back options are limited).