R100 *.EXE Export

0 favourites
  • You mean text objects or text boxes? For me Text objects are exporting properly, did few of them and all export correctly. Didn't test text box though.

• Mean text boxes.

I have log-in system in my game. And now I can't enter to game. I pressing any keys in my login/pass fields - but nothing happened.

Here is simple CAPX file: http://www.mediafire.com/?hoa4zvdvhaz4539

• So if a big company that's already making that 100k/year wants to avoid the payment, they only need to pay 20$ for an individual person to convert their project into exe. that 20$ was just to be fair for the work that the individual person did when converting. Or maybe this individual person want's to sell that exe to a company, then this individual person probably would never earn that 100k$/year and the company would avoid the payment.

Well i think this deal sounds weird and scary in many ways.

In real life if you make that much money i don't think you would use construct 2 as a tool anymore.

I'm looking forward to this new exe export, but the last demo I tested on my computer didn't work and considering that all other games i've downloaded has been working perfectly.

If I would release a game using awesomium that would sell badly, and then years after I'm using Unity and a large team and my company would make that 100k/year would I be doomed to pay every year because of that old game i once released?

• Guys but are you really discussing the licence cost of awesomium? Has any of you actually has an idea of the costs involved in the development of a game?

Music, Sprites, Time, Licences (Photoshop is not free..). It all adds up really quickly.. 3k for a licence (especially since you pay only if your revenue was higher than 100k) is a drop in the water..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Guys but are you really discussing the licence cost of awesomium? Has any of you actually has an idea of the costs involved in the development of a game?

Music, Sprites, Time, Licences (Photoshop is not free..). It all adds up really quickly.. 3k for a licence (especially since you pay only if your revenue was higher than 100k) is a drop in the water..

Ironically, the people most vocal about awesomium's license costs are the least active people around, and one could argue, the least likely to produce a commercial game.

That aside, they do have many valid points: awesomium's license is a huge, impractical mess full of holes, that renders shovelware creation impossible (I'm not sure if that's a bad thing). In addition, it carries hidden costs (the site license, whose price is unlisted).

When the discussion began, I was siding with awesomium. However, upon considering the points presented, I will have to agree the license is a mess. If my company makes 100 games, then decides games aren't profitable and switches to, say, providing data warehousing solutions to other companies, and then makes $100K in profits from that, do I still have to pay 290K(100*2900) to awesomium? Would the site license cover products made before it was purchased, or would they fall into the "single license per product" category?

I for one am finding the discussion very healthy, even if this is not the appropriate place to discuss it.

• If my company makes 100 games, then decides games aren't profitable and switches to, say, providing data warehousing solutions to other companies, and then makes $100K in profits from that, do I still have to pay 290K(100*2900) to awesomium?

As I understand, no if you're not selling/distributing any game (and so using awesomium) anymore.

• I think actually reading the Awesomium license should clear up any misunderstandings.

http://support.awesomium.com/kb/licensing/licensing-overview

There are 3 license models: Free, Pro, Site.

The free model has two options: Non-Commercial and Indie. If you choose the non-commercial option, then they expect you to not attempt to make any money with that application. If you choose the Indie model, then you can make money on that application, up to $100,000. If you make more than $100,000 on that specific application, then they expect you to purchase a Pro license.

When you purchase a Pro license, you pay a one-time $2900 fee for that specific application.

Nowhere in the license overview does it say anything about paying $2900 if your company makes over $100,000, only if that specific application makes more than $100,000.

I am not trying to be pedantic, and I assume you have read the license overview, so I don't see where the confusion is coming from?

As others have said, if your company is making over $100,000 on a specific application, how does $2900 seem unreasonable to support a company which gave you the ability to make over $100,000?

• If you choose the Indie model, then you can make money on that application, up to $100,000. If you make more than $100,000 on that specific application, then they expect you to purchase a Pro license.

Hmm, I don`t think you`re right on that one. It is company revenue, not app revenue, as stated in their license, and I quote "If your company ever makes more than $100k in revenue in any subsequent year while using the Free License, you must purchase a Pro License (or other commercial license) to continue using Awesomium in your application.".

Still, not an issue, as I see.

• "you must purchase a Pro License (or other commercial license) to continue using Awesomium <font color=red>in your application</font>.".

It says, "in your application", meaning, in the application in which Awesomium was originally used, and for which you purchased the license.

I agree, the wording could and should be a lot more clear. I also agree that most of the people here won't ever have to worry about this issue.

• I would recommend contacting Awesomium themselves for clarifications on how their licenses work. But I am absolutely sure they will provide you with a custom solution if you make lots of games, so as not to make it too expensive to consider. I think the idea you would ever have to pay per app at a loss is just scaremongering - it's even in Awesomium's interest to prevent that, since they make more money if you make more apps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)