Some questions

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • Well, I´m new to Construct 2, and I wanted to make some questions before starting using this software. Here they go

1 - I have heard that if I use the free edition and I make money with one of my games, I have to pay to scirra. But... How do I pay scirra? How many money do I have to pay? I searched about it and I found no results.

2 - Is the Free Edition of Construct 2 Too limited?

3 - Are there website where I should not upload my games?

Thanks

• 1. I've never heard of paying Scirra, other than possibly remembering some sort of profit limit for at least the paid personal version, like $5000?

2. Not very. There isn't much difference besides interfaces that aren't available, and a 100 event limit.

3. Depends? You're probably free to upload wherever you want, I think.

• 1. I've never heard of paying Scirra, other than possibly remembering some sort of profit limit for at least the paid personal version, like $5000?

2. Not very. There isn't much difference besides interfaces that aren't available, and a 100 event limit.

3. Depends? You're probably free to upload wherever you want, I think.

Thank you. You answered my questions.

• Well, I´m new to Construct 2, and I wanted to make some questions before starting using this software. Here they go

1 - I have heard that if I use the free edition and I make money with one of my games, I have to pay to scirra. But... How do I pay scirra? How many money do I have to pay? I searched about it and I found no results.

2 - Is the Free Edition of Construct 2 Too limited?

Thanks

Caloxeno

You cannot, under ANY circumstances, make money from using the free edition of Construct 2!

https://www.scirra.com/store/licensing#license2

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct-2

Free version limitations:

[quote:1rt9wuzy] A maximum of 100 events in a project

A maximum of 4 layers in any layout

A maximum of 2 effects in a project

No folder organisation in the project bar

No event search

No configurations bar

No Families

No Preview on LAN

Not allowed to be used for commercial purposes (however, it can be used in education and other non-profit organisations)

• They need to rename it to test version or something like that.

Free implies way too much.

• In my opinion, yes, the Free Edition is limited but it lets you experience what C2 is on the surface.

Also, another opinion. The cost of the Personal Edition is very reasonable for what you get. Which is the whole package. Expect for when you make over $5K and have to upgrade to Business but other than that, if you've got the money and want to use C2 then get!

And if your main platform for development is Mobile, it's not TERRIBLE but do your research and learn how it is with C2 before you become one of those people that make up topics like: "PERFORMANCE BAD! HALP!"

Need help with anything else? This is a active community. Welcome.

• I agree with newt, even it specifies further as you read all the info about what you can and cant do, it would be more convenient to name it "test versio " or something like that.

• 2 - Is the Free Edition of Construct 2 Too limited?

Depends what you want to do. You can make small projects with it and it's more than enough to try out the workflow of Construct 2.

I'm not sure why are you asking this. If you make a game, you can do whatever you want with it. If you own a license, you can even make money with it.

They need to rename it to test version or something like that.

Free implies way too much.

Maybe, but since other softwares in the same market do call their demo versions "free" it might not be a good idea to drop this term.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there option. Make now, pay later?

• Is there option. Make now, pay later?

You can start your project with the free version and you can continue your work after you bought Construct 2. However when you exceed it's limits or want to sell your product, you'll need a license. I don't think there is any pay later option.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)