i'm finally starting the development of my construct 2 plugin manager. i've had some designs, prototypes and such like a few months ago but since i was busy with 10 things at once i had no time to develop this beauty. So what's the point of plugin manager, actually - features?
I've noticed that we have a forum thread on completed plugins / behaviours / effects and they are mostly aggregated in one thread. Finding / checking / installing / using each needs a lot of time and i'm about to reduce that for you in a nice program that will "have it all".
So here are the features i've thought out for development (functional requests):
- uploading / downloading plugins (plugins from here on means - plugins + behavs + effects, but i will write plugins meaning all 3 of them)
- installing / uninstalling plugins (automatic check if they are correct, list of all installed / downloaded etc..)
- split role - developer / user - once registered you can only use as that kind of user (or i could sell as split licence, but that seems bad to me)
- plugins preview (a big screen that shows a html page provided that
- plugins links (direct download link, direct link to forum topic, etc.)
- comments (like on forum, maybe not needed since link to forum will be provided)
- bug reports (each plugin would have a bug report section where you could post a bug report, and developer in charge for that plugin would receive it through system), you could also see if bugs are fixed, marked as not a bug / not fixed and so on...
- version history - developer accounts would have control on what they have uploaded and they could comment and add descriptions to each version / updates / etc., and players could download any version available
- deprecated / unsupported / etc plugins....
add your extra ideas here and i'll take them into consideration...
i'm going to build the program using WPF C# .net framework 4.6 and mssql server (microsoft gives 10gB free space, should be enough )
tell me what you think and what would you like to see.. any ideas are good..
also Ashley i'd like your opinion and requests aswell.. (i had an idea where i would add "breaking change" version where you could add a tick to a plugin if it breaks from new construct versions, though i don't know how i would check that)...