phonegap vs crosswalk

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • hey,

I am nearly at the end of my game and want it to publish on google play.

But i can not decide what programm i should use phonegap or crosswalk?

What are the differences and which is better to use or has more function etc.

I just want to upload my game on googleplay

• They are two fundamentally different ways of wrapping html5-games to "apps".

Crosswalk is basically a full browser engine wrapped into your app, upon which your html5-game then runs.. the advantage is, that it's developed quite far by now - the main disadvantage being, that the app size is quite big, since it squeezes the entire browser into the package.

Phonegap however is a framework that uses a technology called webview - it uses browser technology already present on the phones to display a html5 page or game like it was an app. It's main problem is that it only recently became really useful.

So your choice has a few implications. Phonegap only makes sense if you target the very latest phones with android 5 or larger. For anything older than that Crosswalk is the way to go.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Currently Crosswalk due to Chromium, but in Android 5+ (when it becomes more widely used.. which could take a LONG time), both should be just fine, with an edge for PhoneGap due to smaller filesize.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)