Offline System??

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • Will We all know we can subtract from arrays & global variables etc.. for every X sec if the player is playing the game. but can we do it offline, when he is not playing? Like games that gives you another live after 5 min ?? just wondering

• Maybe you could save the time when player quits and then when game is restarted compare the time.

• Maybe you could save the time when player quits and then when game is restarted compare the time.

What if the game crashes or the player presses the home button?

Rather you could save the time when a certain event started, for instance when the player started building a building and in case of a crash or the game being closed on start you could compare the current time and the time the event started.

This obviously could be manipulated by the player by changing the devices time and date settings.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • KFC , Well it could save that value every tick for example. And if it's possible to check the time from some reliable source from the internet.

But I don't really have experience on this kind of game desing so I don't really know how they usually do this.

• I was kinda confused by the title. Optimally you would check with a server the exact time and date.

As for saving each tick it seems unnecessary as you only need the start time and the current time to be able to setup a correct timer internally or to present one to the player.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)