Is it Normal for the Touch to detect Collision disabled?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality backgrounds for games and videos with over 1000 images!
  • I made a sample test experiment to see if the Touch input is detected by Collisions for it requires Collision Polygons but when I try to disable the collision, the touch input still works!

Ashley can you justify this please.

.Capx File

http://1drv.ms/1Pojwkt

• I believe "collisions" refers to the collisions onto other sprite or objects and not touch. I THINK, I may be right though. W

What I did with your example was make Instance Variables so that the touch was not executed because of the conditions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f98fu47dlpajv ... .capx?dl=0

• I believe "collisions" refers to the collisions onto other sprite or objects and not touch. I THINK, I may be right though.

Yes you might be right. But If that is the case with touch, why did they make the Collision Polygon as a base of touch. I think it would be better to make a Touch(disabled) condition & action and if there is time a Touch Polygon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You might still want to touch an object that you don't won't colliding with other objects, if it was blocked automatically you couldn't do that, there is a condition you can add to your events "object collision enabled".

• 'Disable collisions' only affects 'On collision' and 'Is overlapping' events. Arguably a touch is not a collision, because the touch is not an object that is colliding with it, it's something else (a form of input). So I'm not sure if this should be changed anyway?

• It shouldn't (imho).

I often need to register input on objects that have no collision. The one thing is totally independent of the other and should not be mixed.

• 'Disable collisions' only affects 'On collision' and 'Is overlapping' events. Arguably a touch is not a collision, because the touch is not an object that is colliding with it, it's something else (a form of input). So I'm not sure if this should be changed anyway?

No, I think that would cause issues. My point is since Touch is also dependent on Collision Polygons, I think adding in the manual that touch is based on collision polygons but not applicable by events nor object collision would suffice. This is a simple misunderstanding but if somehow some people will make a big game and somehow missed this, then it would be a big problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)