New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • > I still get the error on MoPub site over testing..

> ====================================== CAMPAIGN FILTER RESULTS ======================================

> No adgroups for level 0.

> No adgroups for level 1.

> No adgroups for level 2.

> No adgroups for level 3.

> No adgroups for level 4.

> No adgroups for level 5.

> No adgroups for level 6.

> No adgroups for level 7.

> No adgroups for level 8.

> No adgroups for level 9.

> No adgroups for level 10.

> Removed due to inactivity: AdMob key: 302ec62210e511e4abf3123138070049

> No adgroups for level 11 passed filters.

> No adgroups for level 12.

> No adgroups for level 13.

> No adgroups for level 14.

> No adgroups for level 15.

> Auction returning None

>

> Does anyone is getting this?

>

anyone have solved this issue?

Well I had that same problem a few days ago and yesterday it suddenly wanted to work again.

My fillrate is >90% back to where it should be. So it was not working for a few days for whatever reason (probably Ludei or MoPub server backend).

• Just a heads up for those unawares, CJS is not compatible with Xcode 6 beta.. I wasted days trying to troubleshoot this lame problem and its a problem with Xcode 6 beta and CJS conflicting.

The problem is that building a CJS project with XC6 add entitlements (permissions) "application ID, beta-access-group, keychain sharing" automatically to the IPA, which conflicts with your provisioning entitlements (since you dont have those and dont need it).

In Xcode5.1 (current version on the App Store), it does not have this problem.

But there's another problem, CJS version 2 or later, including 2.0.2 has a IDFA flag with Xcode so when you submit it to the App Store, they will email you asking why are you flagging Advertising code when your app doesn't have Ads? It turns out because CJS later versions include facebook & other SDK into their compiled build, this is flagging IDFA.

Seriously nearly threw my mac out the window with all the troubleshooting for the past few days.

• i've had to hold off releasing 2 titles because of the issues with CocoonJS and ads and the missing html5.cpp or whatever error. It's extremely frustrating.

I'm generally not the type to get online and complain but seriously, how can I expect to get projects out and make revenue when I can't even get the stuff to work properly?

I think I'm stuck with waiting for a stable version of C2 or something because now my apps wont run on my phone after the Ludei logo. It just flickers and never loads... sdfasihadfn!!!

• Surprised to hear so many people having issues with ads and other things, my cocoonjs apps have been working well with ads and whatnot.

Also, good news, looks like they've almost got a fix for the "Restore purchase" issue:

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... t-50589616

• After reading that some users had no problems with ads using 2.0.2 I decided to recompile my games but now is even worse. I only see a banner once every 10 game launches. I used the exact tutorial from AndreasR. I don't know...maybe there are no ads to show in my country at certain times. Can anyone test my game please https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.synapseone.pickastickfree

• They "depreciated" version 1.4.7 on their cloud compiler, I tried and it would not compile.

Way to annoy everyone because version 1.4.7 is actually the most stable.

YOU CANNOT EVEN SUBMIT APPS TO THE IOS APP STORE compiled with later versions because they included SDKs that flag IDFA advertising, your binary will be rejected for being invalid.

Way to go Ludei. Now I am pissed.

• Im getting nothing but Whitescreens when i test using Ludei,Im getting errors when i upload to Intel XDK.

This is really starting to get on my last nerve.I am trying to get a project to my friend/partner and i cant even come up with a stable build to play my freakin game.

Are we all supposed to just let our projects be dictated and ruined by 3rd party exporters,When in my honest OP i think scirra should have its own exporter.

This is just bull.Ive worked so hard and come to find out that i cant even play my game.I would understand if it was something i did on my part,but im being held back by 3rd party people that are not working on Construct 2.

• Im getting nothing but Whitescreens when i test using Ludei,Im getting errors when i upload to Intel XDK.

This is really starting to get on my last nerve.I am trying to get a project to my friend/partner and i cant even come up with a stable build to play my freakin game.

Are we all supposed to just let our projects be dictated and ruined by 3rd party exporters,When in my honest OP i think scirra should have its own exporter.

This is just bull.Ive worked so hard and come to find out that i cant even play my game.I would understand if it was something i did on my part,but im being held back by 3rd party people that are not working on Construct 2.

Yup, for C2 mobile developers we're going to be at the mercy of 3rd party wrappers for a long time yet.

But you can work with them (mostly), have you tested your game during development at major checkpoints on mobiles to see if they work well? Or you made the same mistake I did with my first game, build it all, finish, then find it doesn't work on CocoonJS and spend a lot of time fixing it.

• Out of curiosity, is there a reason you are not using Ejecta for your iOS build?

Have you posted the issue on the github page? Seems to be the only place they pay attention to anything.

• i have tested on mobile ever since i started working on my project but it seems now that i want to build,It wants to give me issues.

I would love to use Ludei but i can not figure out why im getting the whitescreen,If i could get help on what the reasons that cause it,i could maybe narrow it down to why its happening.

Right now i can not get a game to play on mobile and it is very stressful.

I am very open to any feedback you have to offer,im at my wits end.

• RookieDev does it do the same thing with the Launcher?

If so, that will make troubleshooting at least faster. I would just start pulling aspects of your game out (obviously make sure you make a backup of your current version) and see when the issue goes away. Take something out, test, take something out, test. Etc.

Even if the game isn't working this way, if you can at least get past the white screen, it will give you a place to start.

• Out of curiosity, is there a reason you are not using Ejecta for your iOS build?

Have you posted the issue on the github page? Seems to be the only place they pay attention to anything.

Ejecta flag warnings about depreciated functions & code when I tried to build it using Xcode5.1 or 6, it refuses to build at all, and I changed all the required details and bundle id and sign/provisions properly so its not my end. Xcode reports a lot of the code in Ejecta is obsolete for iOS 7+.

No idea why, I downloaded the master zip from github straight from my MAC onto desktop, exported C2 game, put it into the app subfolder in Ejecta. Troubleshoot it for a few days but it did not want to work so I resorted to CJS. When it worked, it would get stuck at the Ejecta loading screen, and Xcode reports code errors in Ejecta leading to crashes. Btw, it was using up to 160MB of ram when it crashed. My game on CJS uses ~140MB.

• i have tested on mobile ever since i started working on my project but it seems now that i want to build,It wants to give me issues.

I would love to use Ludei but i can not figure out why im getting the whitescreen,If i could get help on what the reasons that cause it,i could maybe narrow it down to why its happening.

Right now i can not get a game to play on mobile and it is very stressful.

I am very open to any feedback you have to offer,im at my wits end.

I am willing to help, but I'll need to look at the CAPX to see if there's any concerns. Generally I have no troubles with CJS for Android, or previous XDK builds.

Put it on Google Drive and invite me to access it:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i sent it your way.Thank you for looking at it. ArcadEd thank you for the tips,i really dont want to tear apart my project but if all else fails i guess doing that is better than trashing it.

Its really stressful to go through this,and to see everyone else having issues that nobody can explain makes it that much more stressful.All i want to do is make a game,and it feels like i keep hitting roadblocks everytime i get close.Thank you guys.Even tho we have a crap export we have the best Community any engine has by far.

• RookieDev

I will be frank, forgive me if its seems harsh.

There are so many poorly optimized assets (almost every single art asset is poorly optimized for mobiles!), your game would probably take >400MB of ram on mobiles with CJS and crash on a lot of devices.

Just one example, your Laser Beam asset is a 5 frames of 710 x 20 pixels told to loop 30(!!) times per second. The amount of overdraw is horrendous for mobiles.

You have to think of what each art will be when its actually in the GPU as a texture.

Your Laser Beam, each frame occupies a 1024 x 1024 texture, because its width is too large for the next one down 512 x 512, it has to go to the next one up, 1024 x 1024. That's 4MB of texture memory for that single frame. Not only that, the entire frame is mostly empty and overdrawn (1024 x 1024 textures 30 times per second!). Just that laser beam by itself would kill performance on a lot of devices.

Another asset, your Explosion sprite (exsplosion) is 89 FRAMES! The problem with this is a lot of them are slightly larger than 128 pixels in dimension, so they occupy 256 x 256 texture and again, large areas of it is wasted on overdraw! A single 256 x 256 texture is 256 x 256 x 4 = 262kB of memory, with all your frames, that single explosion is 20MB of memory.

Your ingame background is 1280 x 720p, its the same mistake I did in my first game, making a single large BG, but the mistake here is going above 1024 width. Now that BG is a 2048 x 2048 texture in the GPU OR 16MB of memory. Your menu screen is the same, a 1282 x 722 image, but a 9-patch (not a sprite). I don't know if CJS can handle 9-patch that big as a 2048 x 2048 texture, it would be a black or white texture if it cannot handle it, or even crash.

I think I will write a tutorial to help other mobile devs when I get time, but you CANNOT make a mobile game like this. It won't work and even the best device will struggle to run it or even load it at all.

For now, just know this basic:

All images go into memory as textures, by the power of two sizes only.

16 x 16 = 1KB ram

32 x 33 = 4KB ram

64 x 64 = 16KB ram

128 x 128 = 65KB ram

256 x 256 = 262KB ram

512 x 512 = 1MB ram

1024 x 1024 = 4MB ram

2048 x 2048 = 16MB ram

Never go beyond 2048, many devices will crash since they cannot handle it. Most PCs can handle up to 4096 x 4096 (but some older ones cannot!).

Always try to ensure your sprites take the smallest texture as possible. Never have a thin line (laser) that's very long that it has to go into a massive texture. Make it as a 128 x 128 and stretch it out, change its width to whatever you need but the sprite itself is still 128 x 128.

Also, CJS doesn't support text boxes with input. Only normal text object, but it handles it very poorly if you update your text often. I highly suggest you look up Spritefont usage for your mobile games, its faster & it looks properly on mobiles (not all devices will have the font you specify, PCs have heaps of fonts, mobiles do not!).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)