*MAJOR NEWS* Intel this June ending support for making .apks

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Intel is ending its build server this June. That's absolutley ridiculous. Basically whats used to take files from Construct 2 and make them into android apps, apple apps, and windows apps is being ended >< Why, idk.

Which leaves us Construct 2 mobile devs with using another program if there is one, writing dos commands, or using Phone Gap which is $10 a month if you have an app that is more than 50mb or if you have more than 1 app that you want to use Phone Gap to build it with in terms of converting it for a mobile store.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/do ... -intel-xdk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can install Git, node.js, Java, Cordova and the Android SDK to build locally without having to upload anywhere:

https://evothings.com/doc/build/cordova ... ndows.html

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/cli/

https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova

• You forgot Cocoon as well

• Git, node.js, Java, Cordova and the Android SDK though involves writing dos commands. All of the alternatives, except for Phone Gap, involve writing Dos commands, dont they?

Also having to write Dos commands means its going to take considerably longer publish apps for testing and uploading.

• Just in time for Scirra's own Android & iOS export cloud option.

• Just in time for Scirra's own Android & iOS export cloud option.

That's awesome

• Well, not exactly just in time, but hey just as long as I've got a shiney new toy to play with in the meantime.

• Git, node.js, Java, Cordova and the Android SDK though involves writing dos commands. All of the alternatives, except for Phone Gap, involve writing Dos commands, dont they?

Also having to write Dos commands means its going to take considerably longer publish apps for testing and uploading.

You make a .cmd file that you launch each time you wanna generate an apk:

All the hassle is gone. I don't need to count on any online build service.

• This works with Crosswalk too? Where can we read more about how to do this?

> Git, node.js, Java, Cordova and the Android SDK though involves writing dos commands. All of the alternatives, except for Phone Gap, involve writing Dos commands, dont they?

>

> Also having to write Dos commands means its going to take considerably longer publish apps for testing and uploading.

>

You make a .cmd file that you launch each time you wanna generate an apk:

All the hassle is gone. I don't need to count on any online build service.

• if the build server is gone, I wonder if we need to do anything ahead of time to be sure we can build our apps elsewhere, such as getting the signing certs?

• if the build server is gone, I wonder if we need to do anything ahead of time to be sure we can build our apps elsewhere, such as getting the signing certs?

I think Intel will still let us get our Keystores even when the build server is gone. I mean, they're vital, so we should still have access to them. Still it may be a good idea to download them to your computer and make at least 3 backups in different places of the Keystore.

I almost lost my Keystore today and I was really freaked out. Like it was just by remembering that I remembered the passwords and Alias for the keystore. I password protected the file i made with the Alias and passwords...whoopps. but i eventually remembered them. I had to do them again cause i just switched to Cocoon.

I had a file where I wrote down the Alias and Passwords, which i needed cause i was going to Cocoon. I password protected THAT document though....i actually downloaded a password cracker* for Open office....but eventually remebered the Alias and Password.

Basically, Write down somewhere in multiple places the Alias and Passwords for Keystore, and have at least 3 backup copies of the actual .keystore file.

*It's legal because it was my file on my computer.

• Building and signing APK's locally is one thing... but what about cross platform building.

Intel XDK was the perfect solution for compiling Cordova to both Android and iOS (even WP8)

A big loss imho!

• Building and signing APK's locally is one thing... but what about cross platform building.

Intel XDK was the perfect solution for compiling Cordova to both Android and iOS (even WP8)

A big loss imho!

I know, right. Intel is one of the biggest companies on the planet. They couldn't keep their support for the build server?

• I just found Cocoon doesn't support Construct 2's buttons, text boxes, and bunch of (but not all of) Construct 2's default obejcts. What the actual heck?! What the frak?! And for some reason Construct 2's browser object won't work in Webview, either. I'm about to try it in Webview+.

If i have to use Canvas+ to be able to launch a URL, and it doesn't support buttons, then I'm going to Phone Gap.

Thx Intel /sarc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)