I have managed to get my C2 nodewebkit exported game to run on modern distros (tested against Arch at the moment).
It is however not something you would do with stuff that actually gets deployed to customers.
The problem with nodewebkit right now is, that it is built against a rather old set of libs, the main culprit being libudev. Unlike windows, most linux distros do not allow system-wide installs of "older" libs, you just have the one you got along with the distro or from the repository. Typically this isn't a problem, since all open source software that ships with a distro is built against their current set of libs.
The versions of the lib in question do not differ that much, so it seems.. so you can run a binary built against the older with the newer lib, if you
1. Make a symlink on your specific system from the new libname to the old one (not recommended, and cannot be imposed upon customers) or:
2. Make a local symlink in the users homedir to not taint the whole system and use the ld_preload mechanism in a wrapper script to enforce the local symlink being used for the lib (not recommended either), or:
3. Patch the nw generated binary with "sed", to look for the other name, as explained here in the last paragraph: https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webki ... budev.so.0
This is a very dirty hack though. All kinds of stuff can go wrong with that, even though it seemingly works (set off virus scanners, for example). I used the last method to get my stuff running.
In the end: Nodewebkit needs to get their shit together and support modern distros. Until then, you cannot in good conscience deploy to Linux for end customers, you will get swamped with support whining.