Javascript to exe ,the easy way

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Easy Isometric
$19.99 USD
EasyIsometric behavior helps creating an “isometric” perspective with 2D assets.
  • Tutorial Link

This might be usefull.I managed to compile my js files to exe files through this tutorial.

• Did you manage to compile a c2 exported "c2runtime.js" file ?

I tried a quick one (my PF's demo) and it got me a lot of errors.

I guess it requires first to turn jquery into a dll. I might look deeper in it later.

If you did successfuly transformed exported projects, could you post how you did it, a kind of step/step tutorial ?

Also I'm editing the title, since it is Javascript to .exe, and not Java.

• Thank you for correcting the topic.I have managed to create single js files to exe.But only my own jscript apllications seems to work with this method.Im also getting some errors because you would have to link the jquery dll somehow.

Some of my own html5 games do export correctly to exe files.But i did not use Construct 2 to make them.It's still pretty usefull for converting jscript to exe though.

• Could this even work with C2 projects? I mean the actual game is drawn in the HTML5 canvas, so I would imagine converting purely the javascript won't be able to do the trick.

There are apps that "convert" html to EXE, which works for C2 games, but at horrible speed. The programs claim to make use of the existing IE engine, but there is no way they're actually using IE9 technology, cause the canvas is painfully slow in the exported EXE.

Here's one app I tried: HTML Executable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • THIS works. No lag time. Canvas functions properly. No issues as yet.

• What about this or this?

This would be great to have.

• Hmmm ...

phpied, HTML Executable, JSDB, ScriptCryptor - let's see fully-tested examples of each of these compiling C2 exported JavaScript runtimes to EXE runtimes. Until then, I'm withholding judgement ...

• Hmmm ...

phpied, HTML Executable, JSDB, ScriptCryptor - let's see fully-tested examples of each of these compiling C2 exported JavaScript runtimes to EXE runtimes. Until then, I'm withholding judgement ...

Well i just tried PHPexe on a single layout test project with 4 moving sprites and 2 particle systems and it was noticeably slower than when running in my browser

• None of these will work. DravenX's link compiles a non-standard variation of Javascript called JScript.NET (basically a Javascript flavour of C#). I assume there is no browser engine so it is not possible to draw anything to the screen or play any audio without using the proprietary .NET extensions.

droptank21's looks like yet another wrapper around the IE control, which means you need IE9+, which means no support on XP and no support for the ~85% of Windows users who don't have IE9 yet.

And so on... basically you need a full browser engine, not just a javascript engine. Even a HTML layout engine like WebKit (that Adobe Air uses) isn't enough, because it only has an incredibly slow software renderer. I've looked far and wide and the only thing which looks like it will work so far is Awesomium. They should be finally releasing the version we need in a few months, so hopefully it won't be long then we can make an Awesomium-based wrapper.

• I'm drooling all over Awesomium.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)