Intel XDK is OFFICIALLY DEAD, now what ?

0 favourites
  • Intel XDK is Dead, now what ?

Tried to follow this tutorial:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

But then at 10 minutes, he opened open Intel XDK to use its build capabilities, that method assumes cert are PRE-generated as new android cert can no longer be generated as the service is now cut, importing cert is also now impossible.

So...now what ?

Phone gap requires a subscription, not a per month payment, and I heard to cancel an adobe subscription is hell, so now what ?

• PhoneGap Build can be used for free, with limits. We're also going to look in to getting C2 exports to work with the C3 build service. (This will require a C3 subscription though - build services are quite complex to set up and run.)

• Ashley Is that going to guarantee working iap, Admob, plugs, etc?

• Ashley Is that going to guarantee working iap, Admob, plugs, etc?

I'd really like to know some detail about this as well.

Ashley you guys have said you will provide working iAP and Ad plugins for C3.

-Will you ensure the working iAP and Ad plugins for C2 as well?

-And how about GameCenter and GooglePlay plugins for C2? Would these be updated to work with the C3 build service?

-Is there any chance you could give a rough time frame for when the build service might be available for C2?

Thanks.

• I think for the moment Android Studio will be the best choice.

But, I am quite sure there will be very soon an open source application that is able to create HTML5 and Apache Cordova apps, which supports the same kind of signature as XDK uses and which is able to even create Android apps offline.

Or, does anybody know about a product that is able to do so? I was just searching Github for "Cordova app". There are some promising projects out there, but not yet what I am looking for.

• [quote:wlpc96h1]@Ashley Is that going to guarantee working iap, Admob, plugs, etc?

In my case using "IAP","Admob","Google Play Services" and even "Browser" on mobile app doesn't seem to be working at all (Build on C3) .Well C3 is on beta maybe we will just have to wait another week or months to get the full release?

• Intel XDK is Dead, now what ?

Why did Intel xdk stop (if they stopped anything)?

• It looks like we need to use a cocoon.io or adobephonegap.

Ashley pls provide a solution for C2 exports to work with the C3 build service.

[Be our GOD LIKE!!!]

Lot of people have open C2 projects and they used a intel XDK...[R.I.P] now they are bought C3[like me] for having possibility to cooked apk via C3 online service...but[at this moment it is imposibible because of missing lot of cordova plugins [no possiblitis to add new or old during cooking ] missing lots of addons c2->c3 [beh. effectfs compilations from c2 to c3]

• --- Goodbye XDK ---

The Only Free Way to Close Unlimited Android Apps in Construct 2

https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/cli/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • FWIW you can now build C2 exports with C3's build system, and you can also build apps locally with the Cordova CLI.

Sorry for the bump, but since I have C3 and we're approaching our game release date, this is getting more and more critical. So I can export from C2, use the C3 engine and get store ready APKs and an Xcode project to build as an app for the App Store?

Otherwise with the paid options, is Cocoon.io a valid solution? This is super stressful to approach our deadline and still having a big unknown for our release. We have zero external plugins, all from Construct (IAP, Facebook, AdMob).

• > FWIW you can now build C2 exports with C3's build system, and you can also build apps locally with the Cordova CLI.

>

Sorry for the bump, but since I have C3 and we're approaching our game release date, this is getting more and more critical. So I can export from C2, use the C3 engine and get store ready APKs and an Xcode project to build as an app for the App Store?

Otherwise with the paid options, is Cocoon.io a valid solution? This is super stressful to approach our deadline and still having a big unknown for our release. We have zero external plugins, all from Construct (IAP, Facebook, AdMob).

Cocoon is a solution, however you must use the Cocoon plugins for Ads, InApp and so on.

The C2 plugins won't work with cocoon (at least with canvas plus). Also the facbebook plugin isn't that good on Cocoon.

So I recommend you the C3 built engine rather than Cocoon, however it's worth a try (you can make two projects with the free plan).

Regards

Andy

• Hello, here is a tutorial to create APK from C2.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • C3 will build an unsigned release APK and an Xcode project. There's information on signing an unsigned release APK here. You can also use the Cordova CLI to build it manually yourself, which both C2 (in latest betas) and C3 support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)