I just upgraded to r227 after years of using a hideously prehistoric version (like 130 or something). Don't ask me why it took so long to upgrade, I was sort of afraid it would break my game. Anyway, I was having issues where the game would run 60fps windowed and like 25-30fps fullscreen, no matter what I did, and I found a lot of old forum posts where people were complaining about this, although I don't know that anybody ever got a solution for it.
So today I upgraded to r227 in the hope of availing myself of some of the new rendering options etc to try and improve matters and it's made the situation MUCH worse. My game runs like absolute crap now! Even in windowed it sometimes doesn't hit 25fps, and worse, everything seems to be moving in slow-motion - whereas before the game would just drop frames and act all jerky, now it seems like it wants to do every single frame, no matter how slowly. My platformer looks like it's set on the moon now! It's virtually unplayable
I swear, these framerate problems have been the bane of my existence for years and it's really stressing me out. I'm not developing for mobile, it's just a desktop game with pixel art - it shouldn't be hard to run this on a modern computer! Help
EDIT: I get about 25fps in Chrome, 11fps in Firefox, 20fps in IE, and 25 in NW.js (my target browser) if I'm lucky