do you want export to unity?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Construct 3 Plugin Unity Ads, Banner, Interstitial Ads, Video (Support C3 build service)
  • Hmmmm... sounds interesting. I'd be happy to pay for this service.

• I just don't think its worth it. Cocoon does essentially the same thing for mobile, and Windows 10 gives us desktop support, not to mention the possibilities on Xbox.

I have yet to see any benefit from using Unity.

• I have yet to see any benefit from using Unity.

The biggest benefit is that you can reach customers now, not in the future, and you can reach them on:

-PS3

-Xbox 360

-PS4

-Xbox One

-WiiU (proper hardware support, not HTML5 without even WebGL, although not the latest 5.x version of Unity)

-PS Vita

-Native mobile export (if your game pushes CPU limits this might help)

So for bigger games that hear constantly from fans saying "When PS3/PS4? When WiiU?" this service would be awesome.

Plus, 3DS support is rumored to be coming soon, which would be extremely great as well http://unity3d.com/company/public-relations/news/unity-support-new-nintendo-3ds-and-new-nintendo-3ds-xl

I could wait for technology to run HTML5 + WebGL games as well as my Windows desktop can, but in the same time I wait for that the competitor engines and tools are improving too, so a solution that lets me use my favorite game editor to export to native right now is something I would need to keep using Construct 2. After all, this is just a tool to make my game ideas and sell finished games, so the final exported game is what matters most to my customers and hence to me.

• The troll in me says go for it, but it's just way too much of a commitment for any one person, and there's still no "now" in the equation.

There is a C3 in there, somewhere.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • megatronix

Wouldn't such a project be like native? Or do you mean creating an engine from scratch?

Yeah, just basically native exporters. I know nw is there, but i think it will never be really good for games made in c2. So exporters that would tailored specifically for c2, to work at solid 60fps without slowdowns, with framerate smoothing and some extra native post processing features would be very desirable, if not only due to stability.

• newt yeah, but when C3 is only an editor upgrade I really worry about what options we will see. Ideally, I want C3 to have proper "multiple exporters" support/SDK even if HTML5 is the only official Scirra one, as this was one of the originally planned features for C2 when it was first being developed and announced.

The unity conversion is going to be tricky in terms of logic, unless Mahdi71 basically re-writes each plugin in a way Unity likes and then interprets the game events the same way C2 might (still lots of work, but possible). But for real performance gain I'd rather just have a tool to migrate all my level and object data into Unity ready to go (animations and all) and then I will recode (code is fun! and PlayMaker and plyGame are there to ease the burden for people new to code).

Time will tell! I will try to stay optimistic as this could really improve the number of developers making big games from C2 and hence the customerbase/players of C2 made games

megatronx Yeah, at least not for big games, but the best thing about the new set minimum FPS event is that it can force 60fps slowing the game instead of skipping collisions/breaking logic

• newt yeah, but when C3 is only an editor upgrade I really worry about what options we will see. Ideally, I want C3 to have proper "multiple exporters" support/SDK even if HTML5 is the only official Scirra one, as this was one of the originally planned features for C2 when it was first being developed and announced.

The unity conversion is going to be tricky in terms of logic, unless he basically re-writes each plugin in a way Unity likes and then interprets the game events the same way C2 might (still lots of work, but possible). But for real performance gain I'd rather just have a tool to migrate all my level and object data into Unity ready to go (animations and all) and then I will recode (code is fun! and PlayMaker and plyGame are there to ease the burden for people new to code).

Time will tell! I will try to stay optimistic as this could really improve the number of developers making big games from C2 and hence the customerbase/players of C2 made games

megatronx Yeah, at least not for big games, but the best thing about the new set minimum FPS event is that it can force 60fps slowing the game instead of skipping collisions/breaking logic

I know, but let's be frank here: it's 2015 and 30fps in 2d games, especially action ones, I'm not finding acceptable!

• Sorry for gravedig. Anything come out of this?

hi

sorry guys its not happening anymore...

not enough people support this idea and i find out performance problem is the eventsheets are act in an way wich is not optimized

so this eventsheets in c# will not help and i get to a conclusion which unity is not good for 2d ! (so complicated for that)

• We went the route of recoding the game prototype in C# and Unity. The Steam Pre-Alpha demo had more installs than our C2 game did the first year, of release and less bugs (especially during screen captures)

Works better, more visual FX with solid frame rate and more compatibility, and our console ports are coming along nicely.

That said, it is a lot more work using a full 3D engine for 2D. Wouldn't recommend for non-platforming/games that don't need max performance (CPU especially) and console support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)